+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: How easy is it to get back?

Peeps are just worried, MM. Running every possible eventuality through their minds to try and come to terms with something, that ATM, seems inevitable. Depressing I know but understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Peeps are just worried, MM. Running every possible eventuality through their minds to try and come to terms with something, that ATM, seems inevitable. Depressing I know but understandable.
    Yes I know, and I'm worried too.

But that wasn't the point - do you think MiG is worried, or is he / she delighting in all this?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Yes I know, and I'm worried too.

But that wasn't the point - do you think MiG is worried, or is he / she delighting in all this?
    He, (MIG) is obviously delighting in the troubles of Big Al cos it's patently clear he doesn't like him, but surely he can't be happy to see his own club suffer just to get his 'revenge'???

Is it just me or is this getting really tiresome?

Delighting in our demise, desperate to see us relegated and with a clear agenda.
    I'm not delighting in any demise or want to see us relegated, maybe I could sense it coming a long time before some of the fools on here.

MiG feels like I did about the Trews but that doesn't diminish his commitment to Notts. Seeing someone screw up your club big style (which MiG thinks AH is doing) makes you bitter but in the end que sera sera.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    MiG feels like I did about the Trews but that doesn't diminish his commitment to Notts. Seeing someone screw up your club big style (which MiG thinks AH is doing) makes you bitter but in the end que sera sera.
    I felt the same about that shower of sewage too. Why can't someone buy our club for the right reasons and build it properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    As I reckon there’s now a 90% chance Notts will be in the National League next season, I’ve been thinking about how long it might take to get back into the EFL. The evidence of what has happened to other clubs isn’t very encouraging.

I took a starting point of season 2002/3, which was the first year in which 2 up 2 down was in force between what are now League 2 and the National League. Since then, 29 different clubs have been relegated from League 2, 3 of which, Torquay, York and Barnet, have gone down twice.

Of these, only 4 have gone straight back up again. These were Shrewsbury (2004), Carlisle (2005), Bristol Rovers (2015) and Cheltenham (2016). Not many out of 32 relegations. The next quickest returns were by Torquay (2 seasons in 2009), Barnet (2, 2015) and Tranmere (3, 2018).

Others took longer.... Oxford (4, 2010), Exeter (5, 2008), Mansfield (5, 2013), Luton (5, 2013), Grimsby (6, 2016), Lincoln (6, 2017), Macclesfield (6, 2018), York (8, 2012) and Cambridge (9, 2014).

And of course there are those that haven’t made it back up and perhaps never will.... Kidderminster (now National League North, 14 seasons since relegation), Rushden and Diamonds (SLP, 13), Boston (NLN, 12), Wrexham (NL, 11), Chester (NLN, 10), Darlington (NLN, 9), Stockport (NLN, 8), Hereford (NLN, 7), Aldershot (NL, 6), Torquay (NLS, 5), Dagenham (NL, 3), York (NLN, 3), Hartlepool (NL, 2), Leyton Orient ((NL, 2), Barnet (NL 1) and Chesterfield (NL, 1).

Some of these, such as Darlington and Rushden, aren’t strictly speaking the same club that was relegated, but they are all close equivalents.

So if we do go down, it could take a long time to get back up again. There are some relative minnows in the list like Kidderminster and Boston who massively over achieved by ever reaching League 2 in the first place and perhaps it isn’t surprising that they haven’t come back. But there are others, with roughly the same size and fan base as Notts, who took several years - Oxford, Grimsby, Luton and Tranmere for instance. And one, Stockport, which has been in the sixth tier for several years now. In fact it’s the first time I’ve ever been able to regard Bristol Rovers as a beacon of hope!

It could be a long hard road back.
    Don't want to think about this unless it happens. Thread for next season, or hopefully never.... Lets focus on staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    "your club" ?? Erm.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    I'm not delighting in any demise or want to see us relegated, maybe I could sense it coming a long time before some of the fools on here.
    But have you ever posted anything positive about Notts? In fact, since you came I can't remember any posts which aren't criticism / vitriol against AH.

But have you ever posted anything positive about Notts? In fact, since you came I can't remember any posts which aren't criticism / vitriol against AH.
    No he hasn't. He joined the month after we lost in the play offs and his first 3 threads were all slagging off the youth set up, so his son must have been released around that time, since then, his vendetta has just continued.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast