+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just watching Bury Lincoln

Just watching Bury Lincoln

Obviously they're decent teams but they're playing in dreadful conditions on an absolute pudding of a pitch. Comparing to watching Notts it's like watching a different sport never-mind game.

This is a game of energy & endeavour, fantastic fitness and most of all desire. It's honest football.

It brings me back to why we're in this mess. This is an illogical answer I know but I think it started with the arrogance of an owner & manager. We've never showed the level of fitness these boys are showing, but how do you let that happen? Combine that with a dreadfully planned pre-season where you hardly get the chance to play the pattern you want to play (because of opposition) and you start the season on the back foot.

Once you sack the manger & appoint badly you're done. All the weaknesses are exposed. I believe players don't only play for the manager but they play for the chairman too. I certainly believe owners can have that effect. Hardy obviously isn't.

On this showing Lincoln will muller us next week.

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    Once you sack the manger & appoint badly you're done. All the weaknesses are exposed. I believe players don't only play for the manager but they play for the chairman too. I certainly believe owners can have that effect. Hardy obviously isn't..
    He's retreating into a position where he says he has 'taken his eye of the ball' at Paragon

took my eye of the ball but now back on it

and should

'stick to what he knows'.

Note to self; stick to what you know!

They've got new contracts

Another fabulous contract win today for @ParagonPlc; with a multiple million pounds fit-out for leading international lawyers. Incredible start to 2019

Meanwhile we're going down. But the apologists (many are not Notts fans) are loving it.

I think the resilience and dignity you have shown over the last few weeks in the face of some ridiculous criticism is beyond praise.

What an utter **** of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I genuinely don't see why someone who has invested heavily in the club should deserve that description. The position right now suggests he hasn't invested well, but that's a separate criticism.

Russell King was and is an utter **** of a man because he defrauded the club and then left the next owner to pick up the bill.

Alan Hardy's a guy who has tried to take Notts County forward, but sadly through bad luck or bad judgement it isn't working, and if the flak he's taking is causing him to lose heart and interest, then that's not likely to help anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I genuinely don't see why someone who has invested heavily in the club should deserve that description. The position right now suggests he hasn't invested well, but that's a separate criticism.
    Because he's given up and now is in full on Paragon mode with his mates telling him it's not his fault.

Read his Twitter then come back and tell me that's not the case.

Russell King was and is an utter **** of a man because he defrauded the club and then left the next owner to pick up the bill.

Alan Hardy's a guy who has tried to take Notts County forward, but sadly through bad luck or bad judgement it isn't working, and if the flak he's taking is causing him to lose heart and interest, then that's not likely to help anyone.

Like him or loathe him, there is an old saying which is very true.....Dont bite the hand that feeds you...

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Like him or loathe him, there is an old saying which is very true.....Dont bite the hand that feeds you...
    It's not feeding us any more, he has given up. Now we have to feed ourselves.

He's retreating into a position where he says he has 'taken his eye of the ball' at Paragon

took my eye of the ball but now back on it

and should

'stick to what he knows'.

Note to self; stick to what you know!

They've got new contracts

Another fabulous contract win today for @ParagonPlc; with a multiple million pounds fit-out for leading international lawyers. Incredible start to 2019

Meanwhile we're going down. But the apologists (many are not Notts fans) are loving it.

I think the resilience and dignity you have shown over the last few weeks in the face of some ridiculous criticism is beyond praise.

I'm sorry but I think you're way off the mark with this, especially the last line, unless the asterisks are hiding a different word from the one I assumed? I believe you are reading between the lines and coming up with stuff that isn't there.

Yea, I certainly wouldn't be fussed about going for a pint with him but that is strong. Thing is I'm tired of all this "he saved us" tosh, he bought Notts cause he has an ego the size of a small mountain. He's easily un-likeable.

More directly, and importantly, I think he's part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    He's easily un-likeable.
    Even as an optimist regarding his tenure at Notts I can't argue with that

Because he's given up and now is in full on Paragon mode with his mates telling him it's not his fault.

Read his Twitter then come back and tell me that's not the case.
    I've made my views very clear about his Twitter usage.

But if it is the case, then I would say it's highly likely it's a reaction to the sort of abuse he's been getting. I'm not saying it's the right reaction, but there's a strong element of human nature about it.

I think there's a lot of people who would lose interest or seek diversions if they invested £9 million (or whatever) in a football club and it had gone pear shaped and they were getting royally slagged off.

Joe Pass probably puts it more succinctly than me, though. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, unless you're certain there's a better hand available.
    Last edited by jackal2; 26-01-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast