+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The meaningless match

The meaningless match

I promised myself I'd never watch another Huddersfield match while they're in the Prem.
    I fell for it again today because I thought City might put on a show but neither team seemed interested.
    If they'd offered them both a 3-0 City win before ko I think both managers would have taken it.
    The last half hour was like our draw there under Flitcroft but with no personal interest.
    Never again.
    I think we got more out of our season in the Prem than Huddersfield have in 2.
    A team packed with foreign nobodies, lacking in flare or attitude.
    At least we gave it a go and had some local lads living the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I promised myself I'd never watch another Huddersfield match while they're in the Prem.
    I fell for it again today because I thought City might put on a show but neither team seemed interested.
    If they'd offered them both a 3-0 City win before ko I think both managers would have taken it.
    The last half hour was like our draw there under Flitcroft but with no personal interest.
    Never again.
    I think we got more out of our season in the Prem than Huddersfield have in 2.
    A team packed with foreign nobodies, lacking in flare or attitude.
    At least we gave it a go and had some local lads living the dream.
    Definitely gone all Pete Tong for them this season that's for sure .

One of the worse PL teams I've seen in all honesty , I'll be amazed if they get over 15 points .

It meks thi think what approach we'd make (wi our foreign HC) should we ever reach the top flight again. I wouldn't think it would be too dis similar to that shyte Huddersfield serve up. Many of the small clubs settle for a defensive damage limitation policy even at home against the top 4. We even saw it with Newcastle earlier in the season at St James' against one of the big boys, its abart as interesting as watching paint dry. Looard o shyte

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It meks thi think what approach we'd make (wi our foreign HC) should we ever reach the top flight again. I wouldn't think it would be too dis similar to that shyte Huddersfield serve up. Many of the small clubs settle for a defensive damage limitation policy even at home against the top 4. We even saw it with Newcastle earlier in the season at St James' against one of the big boys, its abart as interesting as watching paint dry. Looard o shyte
    I can still see in my minds eye , october 1998 at Highbury .

35 minutes gone and to be fair we were playing really well , Seaman made a couple of good saves to keep us out .

Suddenly Arsenal broke on us quickly , they poured forward , I think we left two back on the half way line and Berkamp scored from outside the box with a trademark curling shot .

By half time it was 3-0 as we carried on attacking them trying to pull the deficit back .

Wright , Vierra , Berkamp , Parlour , Anelka and Overmars must have thought it was xmas , new years eve and their birthdays all in one afternoon .

We were entertaining though but it was brain dead football .

All down to money Pass at the end of the day , too defensive is flawed and too attacking is equally flawed .

Tha can't win mate .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I can still see in my minds eye , october 1998 at Highbury .

35 minutes gone and to be fair we were playing really well , Seaman made a couple of good saves to keep us out .

Suddenly Arsenal broke on us quickly , they poured forward , I think we left two back on the half way line and Berkamp scored from outside the box with a trademark curling shot .

By half time it was 3-0 as we carried on attacking them trying to pull the deficit back .

Wright , Vierra , Berkamp , Parlour , Anelka and Overmars must have thought it was xmas , new years eve and their birthdays all in one afternoon .

We were entertaining though but it was brain dead football .

All down to money Pass at the end of the day , too defensive is flawed and too attacking is equally flawed .

Tha can't win mate .
    Very true. I think doing it at home is garbage in all honesty Animal. Yes, I get that big teams can destroy you given the chance but at least have a go at home against em, it can't be any more embarrassing than what happened at the John Smiths today surely. Away at top clubs it's gone on for years this defensive strategy which I get. We executed a proper smash and grab raid at Anfield in Nov 97 aye more like Liverpool wouldn't have scored had they laiked all week!

You lot must be Flush, wasting Electric!!! . And so near after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    You lot must be Flush, wasting Electric!!! . And so near after Christmas.
    It's the 70 mins of my life (turned it off) that I won't get back that gripes me mate

If that Steve Mounie is worth £14m then Keiffer Moore must be a £10m player and I'm not his biggest fan as people know on here .

If we ever got there again I'd rather us pick up some top Championship players than import a load of unknown foreign nobodies that I can't relate to.
    Hristov, Krizan, Tinkler etc, were they any better than what we had?
    Couldn't we have picked up better from the Championship?
    That Huddersfield squad is packed with expensive imports whose names I can't remember 2 hours after the match.
    £14M and wages to match. They've probably got 10 in their squad stealing a living.
    I heard the other day that Aylesbury are being demoted because their changing rooms are too small.
    How can that be right when Premier clubs have just thrown in £500,000 apiece as a farewell gift to Scudamore as a 'golden handshake'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    If we ever got there again I'd rather us pick up some top Championship players than import a load of unknown foreign nobodies that I can't relate to.
    Hristov, Krizan, Tinkler etc, were they any better than what we had?
    Couldn't we have picked up better from the Championship?
    That Huddersfield squad is packed with expensive imports whose names I can't remember 2 hours after the match.
    £14M and wages to match. They've probably got 10 in their squad stealing a living.
    I heard the other day that Aylesbury are being demoted because their changing rooms are too small.
    How can that be right when Premier clubs have just thrown in £500,000 apiece as a farewell gift to Scudamore as a 'golden handshake'.
    Hristov , Tinkler and Krizan were proper garbage Hodger I agree .

Darren Barnard from third division Bristol City was the pick of the summer signings by a country mile which just emphasises your point .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast