+ Visit Doncaster Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Predictions - 26 Jan

I know it is all a bit of fun but where do we draw the line? We all know the rules say it should be before the first match starts.
    Otherwise we might as well wait until half time and consider it should be ok to submit predictions.
    I don't want to be a killjoy but any predictions after the start time should be discounted.

PREDICTIONS LEAGUE TABLE 26 JAN 2019

............ Points .. Total
    Lifelong .... 12 .... 94
    Silvertop .... 8 .... 80
    Scarjo ....... 4 .... 70
    Madirish ..... 2 .... 70
    Waldron ..... 8 .... 64

Everyone scored : Barnsley
    Only ones to score : Fleetwood (Scarjo)
    Correct scorelines : Southend (Lifelong)
    No points scored : Burton, Coventry, Peterborough
    Recorded most correct results : Waldron, Silvertop, Lifelong (3/7)

Please check your points!

In fairness to all, please post prior to the start of the first match of the day, as I requested at the beginning of the season.

By all means discount my 2 points if its such a big deal to others. I will not bother in future.

Shouldn't we all have to abide by the same rules which say that we should predict before the games start and (in most cases) we have a week to submit them. You say 2 points, but there were 32 points up for grabs and if you had scored 32 points would that have been fair to everyone else. There is no issue if we just all submit our predictions before the games start.

Fifth round here we come. One chance in 16 now of drawing Manchester Utd, and Lifelong having to cancel his holiday.

Only 4 points for me Waldron ? Are you sure ? Not 8 ?

My apologies Scarjo. It should indeed be 8 points with a total of 74.
    I am struggling at present. I moved house last Wednesday and don't yet have a landline or Internet. I am having to use my phone.

I would have done very well to get 32 points even if I did predictions after 90 min let alone 10. As I said I will not bother.

OK Waldron, no problem. It's so rare that you make a mistake, that most of the time I don't even bother checking. It was just that 4 points seemed a bit on the lean side. Concerning Madirish's late entry, I would personally still be in favour of awarding a minimum number of points for anyone accidentally missing out on the predictions (6 points for a full quota of fixtures). Keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow. Whatever happens, I hope we don't draw Manchester City (29 goals since the last team scored against them).

I think we should fine him ten grand and deduct him 15 points and warn him of his future conduct As for cancelling the hols I think mrs lifelong would be to keen ����

Quote Originally Posted by lifelongrover View Post
    I think we should fine him ten grand and deduct him 15 points and warn him of his future conduct As for cancelling the hols I think mrs lifelong would be to keen ����
    Another (serious) possibility would be to consider that no entries for any given series of matches is the equivalent of predicting that all games will finish 0-0.

Wifewise, you're not very convincing Lifelong. What's to beat a holiday at Old Trafford ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast