+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can any of the signings from the 2018 summer window be classified as a success?

Can any of the signings from the 2018 summer window be classified as a success?

In my opinion, there isn't any. Obviously this calls in massive questions about the recruitment team, the managers can only take so much blame.

Enzio and Hemmings but we won’t have them for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    When you consider their price and injury record do you really still see them as successful signings?

This.

I'd imagine plenty of the players will go on to have average enough careers elsewhere in the league once they leave

Hemmings is lazy, has attitude and is perennially injured. Not a success for me. He's not Hughesie, is he? No, the Munto money wasn't real, I understand that (before some **** says) but I doubt he's on any less money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Hemmings is lazy, has attitude and is perennially injured. Not a success for me. He's not Hughesie, is he? No, the Munto money wasn't real, I understand that (before some **** says) but I doubt he's on any less money.
    Its always seemed to me like the scouting team just googled stats and took no look at the players personalities, injury records and actual attributes. If a club gets this wrong, you can be guaranteed an unsuccessful season.

Can't actually think of any decent signing this year at all. How bloody worrying us that? Out of all the numerous signings , not a single one has proven to be worth their salt.

Quite. Enzio is being billed as some sort of returning hero who will fire us to safety...erm why? He did very little under the previous two managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Can't actually think of any decent signing this year at all. How bloody worrying us that? Out of all the numerous signings , not a single one has proven to be worth their salt.
    This is my point, we can change the manager all we want, if the people choosing the players doesn't change we'll be the new Stockport County

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    No he isn’t a Hughesie he was far too good for league two if honest the best we have had for 15-20 years.

Hemmings is alright for league two and is certainly one of our better players you don’t have to be great in this team for that comment !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast