+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can any of the signings from the 2018 summer window be classified as a success?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can any of the signings from the 2018 summer window be classified as a success?

In my opinion, there isn't any. Obviously this calls in massive questions about the recruitment team, the managers can only take so much blame.

Enzio and Hemmings but we won’t have them for much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    When you consider their price and injury record do you really still see them as successful signings?

This.

I'd imagine plenty of the players will go on to have average enough careers elsewhere in the league once they leave

Hemmings is lazy, has attitude and is perennially injured. Not a success for me. He's not Hughesie, is he? No, the Munto money wasn't real, I understand that (before some **** says) but I doubt he's on any less money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Hemmings is lazy, has attitude and is perennially injured. Not a success for me. He's not Hughesie, is he? No, the Munto money wasn't real, I understand that (before some **** says) but I doubt he's on any less money.
    Its always seemed to me like the scouting team just googled stats and took no look at the players personalities, injury records and actual attributes. If a club gets this wrong, you can be guaranteed an unsuccessful season.

No he isn’t a Hughesie he was far too good for league two if honest the best we have had for 15-20 years.

Hemmings is alright for league two and is certainly one of our better players you don’t have to be great in this team for that comment !

No he isn’t a Hughesie he was far too good for league two if honest the best we have had for 15-20 years.

Hemmings is alright for league two and is certainly one of our better players you don’t have to be great in this team for that comment !
    If he is alright for League Two, why are we bottom on the league? He might be one of our better players but that's no use if he never plays. His wage has been wasted.

If he is alright for League Two, why are we bottom on the league? He might be one of our better players but that's no use if he never plays. His wage has been wasted.
    Because most of the squad are crap......I look at it like this Akinde went down with Barnet but he is exactly the type we need here he went down due to others not being good enough too.

Nah. They're costing us a small fortune and both have spent more time injured than on the pitch. Enzio has produced moments of magic, and Hemmings has looked like a decent forward on occasions, but he's also missed a few sitters. As others have said, they'll be gone for nothing in the summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast