+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queens for the Scottish Cup

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    What a cheek you’ve got. You’re the biggest pessimist on here.

hmmm how do you mean pessimist arrol ,my expectations for queens will be so much higher than most queens fans i expect top flight football ,i expect winning cups ,my ambition for queens is limitless ,im of the camp we are punching well below our weight ,nowhere near fulfilling my expectations ,if your meaning me getting called pessimist cause i occasionally slate bad performing players or accuse players of not being good enough when others think thay are good then im happy for you to think im pessimist ,nothings ever good enough for me ,im of the camp that thinks we should always improve and keep improving never take a backward step ,how can that be described as pessimist lol ,id of thaught the exact opposite .lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    hmmm how do you mean pessimist arrol ,my expectations for queens will be so much higher than most queens fans i expect top flight football ,i expect winning cups ,my ambition for queens is limitless ,im of the camp we are punching well below our weight ,nowhere near fulfilling my expectations ,if your meaning me getting called pessimist cause i occasionally slate bad performing players or accuse players of not being good enough when others think thay are good then im happy for you to think im pessimist ,nothings ever good enough for me ,im of the camp that thinks we should always improve and keep improving never take a backward step ,how can that be described as pessimist lol ,id of thaught the exact opposite .lol.
    Francis while I agree that we should be striving to improve every year and aim as high as we can get I am at a loss as to see how you regard the club as underachieving given our current circumstances. Naysmith in his recent interview said that the club has the smallest squad in the division and it is also universally recognised that we probably also have the second smallest budget marginally higher than Alloa. You therefore have to live within your means and currently being in fourth place in the most competitive league in the country and I for one do believe, given these circumstances, we are doing remarkably well. Not sure where you perceptions of the excess weight the club must have comes from to be woefully underachieving. It's all about realism rather than false pessimism.

The fact that Queens have not been in Scotland's top flight since relegation in 1963/4 tells it's own story.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Francis while I agree that we should be striving to improve every year and aim as high as we can get I am at a loss as to see how you regard the club as underachieving given our current circumstances. Naysmith in his recent interview said that the club has the smallest squad in the division and it is also universally recognised that we probably also have the second smallest budget marginally higher than Alloa. You therefore have to live within your means and currently being in fourth place in the most competitive league in the country and I for one do believe, given these circumstances, we are doing remarkably well. Not sure where you perceptions of the excess weight the club must have comes from to be woefully underachieving. It's all about realism rather than false pessimism.
    yes i agree with what you say spike ,but look into what youv just posted and you can see where queens need improvement as you say we are doing well for our current circumstances ,so you obviously can see whats holding us back from moving forward ,the way i see it you can only improve to a certain level living within the means of our current money men ,so whats the next move to take the next step in evolution for queens spike ?

yes i agree with what you say spike ,but look into what youv just posted and you can see where queens need improvement as you say we are doing well for our current circumstances ,so you obviously can see whats holding us back from moving forward ,the way i see it you can only improve to a certain level living within the means of our current money men ,so whats the next move to take the next step in evolution for queens spike ?
    As previously stated what is required is major investment in the club either from a wealthy supporter who is prepared to plough money into the club knowing that there is unlikely to be any financial return or ever better a consortium of local business men. We have spoken about converting the Arena into a leisure complex to include restaurants, cinemas, bowling alleys etc. which would boost the community as well as providing much needed finance for the playing staff and renovation of the ground. Easy to say but difficult to achieve so there are no obvious simple solutions to this continual hindrance that the club is currently facing so we can only cross our fingers and hope that wealthy supporters/business men are out there who in turn are prepared to invest in the club. Either that or Calvin Harris could solve our issues in an instance so if anyone personally knows Calvin drop him a line and explain our problem!!

Open the doors and let a couple of new Directors share the burden.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Open the doors and let a couple of new Directors share the burden.
    That would be good but who would be interested?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    As previously stated what is required is major investment in the club either from a wealthy supporter who is prepared to plough money into the club knowing that there is unlikely to be any financial return or ever better a consortium of local business men. We have spoken about converting the Arena into a leisure complex to include restaurants, cinemas, bowling alleys etc. which would boost the community as well as providing much needed finance for the playing staff and renovation of the ground. Easy to say but difficult to achieve so there are no obvious simple solutions to this continual hindrance that the club is currently facing so we can only cross our fingers and hope that wealthy supporters/business men are out there who in turn are prepared to invest in the club. Either that or Calvin Harris could solve our issues in an instance so if anyone personally knows Calvin drop him a line and explain our problem!!
    decent reply there spike ,you said it all ,but i doubt our current board would step aside if a wealthier benefactor wanted to take on the club ,id hope thay would but we have seen in the past with the old regime how hard it was to get them to budge ,my solution would be if an investor came in all our current directors and the new ones could join up forces as i think our current board have some strengths of there own all combined with an investor we could take massive leaps forward and the fans would start coming back aswell . big investors is somewhat a pipedream around this area atm tho

albertz is right ,and ftivano comments with the dream on lol ,now this is where queens go wrong ,fans should be optimistic bordering on expecting it ,this is a massive reason alot of people stay away from queens ,thay come to palmy expecting success ,then thay hear the old faithful fans talking them down ,iv seen this with my own eyes on the terrace ,a bunch of guys attending for the first time in ages and hearing a couple of diehards yapping about how we are punching above our weight ,now i was standing just behind these new fans and i could hear them say what a pair of morons thay called the two queens fans who were coming out with the punching above crap ,thay then were going on about why the feck thay turned up in the first place if the expectations of the queens fans were as low as that .,these guys were dumb founded couldnt believe what thay were hearing , its maybe not queens themselfs that need to get more ambitious but the fans defo do .
    Name:  g2cPBJG9.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  17.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by palmy_cammy View Post
    Name:  g2cPBJG9.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  17.7 KB
    Brilliant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)