+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scottish Cup draws (last 15 years)

No you have spoke a lot of truth but your fact is not a fact in this case, I'm not certain they would have beat us in the semi or final that year, the form we were in at the time, we were a strong and solid outfit with character and had drawn with them about 6 times in 9 meetings in Glasgow in that period

We will never know now as Ross County humped them

Here's an interesting fact for you. We played Raith Rovers in the semi final in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Here's an interesting fact for you. We played Raith Rovers in the semi final in 2010.
    That's what i meant mate,i was getting mixed up with Ayr v DFC in the league cup semi when we did actually manage to beat Celtic in the other semi.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Bottom line is that frankly I really couldn't give a schit whether we get through or not. It may not sound very loyal but it's true. We have bigger and more important fish to fry and it is all about promotion. If we win, great, if we don't, well, so what. I genuinely have a fear of getting through and getting one of the horrible two away in Glasgow and being exposed to a level we're simply not able for currently, and taking a fearsome hiding which would do our confidence no good. Four years of watching complete pish does that to you.
    Yeah have to admit I was cr@pping it watching the draw too. Not just with the bigot brothers but a Hearts/Hibs/Sheep away draw would also be a scary prospect at the moment. It's sad to feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    We were still lucky to avoid Celtic in 2010 cause we would have lost,FACT.I witnessed United teams in the 80's blowing loads of finals with better teams than the 2010 one,we would never have won the cup in 2010 if we had to play Celtic in either the semi or the final,sorry for being truthful on the board tonight i will revert to type tomorrow.

Despite having had a number of opportunities to do so, we have never beaten Celtic in a cup final. Unfortunately we cannot say the same thing against the Fun, despite them havng played a lot less finals against Celtic than us.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Despite having had a number of opportunities to do so, we have never beaten Celtic in a cup final. Unfortunately we cannot say the same thing against the Fun, despite them havng played a lot less finals against Celtic than us.
    Pacific shelf fc loves Dundee United, every time you play it’s like you have accepted defeat, and who can forget the cup final when they decided to take your two star players just before kick off. That event was the beginning of your demise and it’s no wonder Dundee United fans have so much hate for pacific shelf fc. Almost as much as “that new club who have never won a trophy”

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    Pacific shelf fc loves Dundee United, every time you play it’s like you have accepted defeat, and who can forget the cup final when they decided to take your two star players just before kick off. That event was the beginning of your demise and it’s no wonder Dundee United fans have so much hate for pacific shelf fc. Almost as much as “that new club who have never won a trophy”
    I could go further back for an indicator of our impending demise! But I am sure we could agree as to who we think that is and how much we dislike the person!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Bottom line is that frankly I really couldn't give a schit whether we get through or not. It may not sound very loyal but it's true. We have bigger and more important fish to fry and it is all about promotion. If we win, great, if we don't, well, so what. I genuinely have a fear of getting through and getting one of the horrible two away in Glasgow and being exposed to a level we're simply not able for currently, and taking a fearsome hiding which would do our confidence no good. Four years of watching complete pish does that to you.
    100000%

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)