+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Archibald Henville

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    He or she can’t respond. When they do it will be on the premise that players have performed well in the reserves against, other reserve sides. Where the standard and intensity is a far cry from League 2.
    I think most fail to see that this is probably as good a side as we can put out. Yes we could all argue over the inclusion of one or 2, it it wouldn’t be unanimous. We all have opinions. The only one that matters is Ardleys.
    As a team we have tightened up at the back, we are not conceding every time an opposing winger has the ball. The last 3 goals conceded have all been individual mistakes from 3 different players.
    My concern now is that we seldom look like scoring and when we do create an opportunity it’s falling to ‘the wrong player’.
    I disagree with you saying that most fail to see what the best side we can put out. It is about opinions and I still think we have a much stronger team than the one that gets selected each week, but we will never know as they will not get a chance. But if you happy with this strongest team being selected each week, and believe that will be the best we can do, then lets just give up now. Even if the reserves aren't as good (in your opinion) why not change something to give things a try, or is this the defeatist attitude that all Notts fans now have?

I'm afraid that this club's troubles cannot be solved by one individual - whether it's Archibald Henville or Lionel Messi. It's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    He says this every week but keeps selecting the same players. Says it all really. Until he grows some balls and drops these wasters, then we will not win another game this season
    And replace with who precisely, bearing in mind we need experience as a prerequisite.

Your Turn.

surely, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result?

Quote Originally Posted by M1cksut View Post
    He says this every week but keeps selecting the same players. Says it all really. Until he grows some balls and drops these wasters, then we will not win another game this season
    And replace with who precisely, bearing in mind we need experience as a prerequisite.

Your Turn.

surely, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result?
    You're confusing hopes with expectations.

What is Nile Ranger upto, he is a bit of a beast with attitude and will certainly get into defenders faces.

why not change something to give things a try, or is this the defeatist attitude that all Notts fans now have?
    No. Not all.

Quote Originally Posted by M1cksut View Post

Your Turn.

100% correct, but this is our plan each week. Select the same players that mess up each week, that don't give a toss each week, that do not listen to the manager each week and simple not good enough period; But don't panic as these players are the best we have and we need their experience on the pitch, as we might lose if we start playing the youngsters

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I'm afraid that this club's troubles cannot be solved by one individual - whether it's Archibald Henville or Lionel Messi. It's too late.
    So the faith you had in Ardley when he was appointed, when you wouldn't allow people expressing any reservations about him, I take it that has gone now.

However, I think enough on here have told you that there is nothing wrong with the long ball game if you play it effectively. Perhaps Ardley has the nous to get it right and use Dennis and Stead to better effect than anyone has so far this season.

How has that worked out then Sid? Sorry in advance for picking on your posts. People do it to mine all the time and I don't give a ****.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 21-01-2019 at 11:48 AM.

You're right, Bohinen. My belief that Neal could sort it out was misplaced. The problems at Notts are corporate methinks.

Look at where the experience players have got us. Why not give the youngsters a chance. They will show some passion, pride and guts. If we lose, then we lose, but at least they will have tried. So your idea of experience has got us in this mess, so what would you do? Keep doing the same thing each week as we are doing? Still put Hewitt, Vaughan and Milsom in the team? They have done great so far.

And for the record, I would have Osbourne as wing back instead of Hewitt, put Kellet alongside O'Brien and play Patching or Crawford in place of Vaughan. Now I believe that this midfield would be stronger than what we currently put out, but you wouldn't like to change anything or try something different as there isn't enough experience. Sorry, but wake up and smell the coffee, unless we do something different, we are down.

Over to you
    Spot on ^^^^^^^^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast