+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next up - Hibs

Next up - Hibs

The league season resumes on Wednesday when Hibs visit Fir Park. Motherwell will have to shake off the disappointment of an early cup exit if they are to deliver some cheer to the home fans. - External Link

I think we pretty much have to revert to 3-5-2 for this game as we don't have the personnel do much else. If we play with 4 at the back then Dunne should replace Hartley in the middle, and Tait or Livingstone at left back (yes we still don't have a left back). Play one winger and 3 central midfielders recalling Campbell to add a bit of bite and abrasiveness. Up front - any two bar MacCormack?? Hopefully there will be a starting place for Hastie.

After Saturday's debacle and given how awful we have been for 95% of the season, I really cannot muster any enthusiasm for this one. A cold Wednesday night in January against a side who are capable of playing us off the park doesn't whet the appetite.

Saying that though I expect us to get a point from this one, that's how this season has went - be utterly murder overall but scrape the odd decent result here and there to paper over the cracks.

1-1

Why replace Hartley when Aldred was poor for both goals on Saturday. Dunne is clearly not back to the fitness levels of last season and was posted missing for both goals. Keep both Aldred and captain Harley.

Unless we have dipped into the transfer market and signed 7-9 new players since Saturday,I don’t see the usual talk from our manager or players of having let the fans,club and themselves down and what the must do now changing anything quickly.It has been a well worn record this season after every defeat of how disappointed the manager and players have been but nothing chances. Talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words,so PLEASE go out and do what your paid to do and go out and play football that entertains the fans. As it stands going by previous performances at home this season I fully expect us to lose to Hibs by a few goals but would be delighted to be proved wrong !!!!!

Another defeat on the way

Quote Originally Posted by wellwin View Post
    Why replace Hartley when Aldred was poor for both goals on Saturday. Dunne is clearly not back to the fitness levels of last season and was posted missing for both goals. Keep both Aldred and captain Harley.
    Putting aside last Saturday, Aldred has performed far better than Hartley this season. Hartley has not been great. Dunne is a centre back by choice and would bring much needed pace to the middle of the defence. Also, he's just returning from a spell on the sidelines.

I now accept 2019 .. “We’re just phish”

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)