+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aramburu signs

Aramburu signs

20-year-old forward signs contract until end of the season.

Barnsley Football Club can confirm the arrival of 20-year-old striker, Mateo Aramburu, on a deal until the summer. A former Uruguayan youth international, the right-footed forward will initially link-up with Martin Devaney’s U23s side.

Having played in three different countries in his early career, Aramburu comes to the club with the knowledge of different cultures and the ability to speak Spanish, English and Portuguese, with an understanding of French as well.

Having represented Uruguay at U15, U17 and U18 level, Aramburu has played for Defensor Sporting [Uruguay - Primera Division], Ca Huracan [Argentina - Superliga] and most recently Le Touquet ACFCO [France - National 3], where he regained his fitness in the academy system before being snapped up by the Reds.

Mateo told barnsleyfc.co.uk: “I’m happy to have been given the opportunity to have signed here. I’m looking forward to trying to achieve things with the club. I have already had the chance to meet the coaches and my new teammates who have been great with me, there are also excellent facilities here to help me develop. Now I want to work hard and impress to try and break into the first team.”

If he’s any good he’ll not hang around.

If he's any good he won't sign a longer contract and be snapped up by someone else. What a waste of money!

Aramburu, Aramburu,Aramburu

In the jungle the might jungle

Can't see the point in this,if whoever rates him they would have given him a lengthy contract GG strikes again it's a complete Bo)ox up

He might be versed in all these different cultures and speak multiple languages but he’ll struggle with “tarn Speak” and I’d love to see his face when he tries his first Yorkshire pudding!

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Can't see the point in this,if whoever rates him they would have given him a lengthy contract GG strikes again it's a complete Bo)ox up
    Reading the statement it says to me that they think he is talented but is coming back from an injury and have offered the 6 months to prove his fitness, which suggests medical concerns.
    In that instance I think they are right to offer this.

Another one for the Kell Convalescent Unit.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Another one for the Kell Convalescent Unit.
    Why do we keep going down this road with this type of signing
    Oh wait I think it's because they're cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Why do we keep going down this road with this type of signing
    Oh wait I think it's because they're cheap
    If he's any good we'll have our ar5es felt and bollo cks tickled though mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast