+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton roll call and thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    There is an argument that Hamiton are only there because of the advantage that horrible pitch gives them. Killie are benefiting as well. Only lost to us and Hearts at home all season.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Yep - its probably no coincidence that Livi and Killie are doing well this year (relatively) given the advantage they get from the pitches they have. Killie are a decent sized club - far bigger than the likes of Hamilton, and are adding something to the league this year with the way they are up near the top and taking points off the likes of us and Sevco. Clarke has done a great job there no doubt.

Hamilton seem to be struggling more this season but its no coincidence they've managed to stay up last few years while benefitting from the pitch they have too.

I'd happily see artificial pitches banned - s'hite to play on, gives the home team a big advantage and just makes the league look really mickey mouse apart from anything else.

Teams get up on merit yes, and so it should be, but my preference is still to have teams with a decent sized support who add a bit of colour and atmosphere to the games - not to mention some finance too.

Having a minibus full of Hamilton or Livi fans at Pittodrie makes the league look mickey mouse too.

Much rather see a Partick, Dunfermline, Falkirk (as long as the plastic pitch went), ICT or even dare I say Dundee Utd in the top league - though watching them struggle away is extremely enjoyable - than the likes of Hamilton and Livi. That said, if these teams cant get a team on the park good enough for the top league with the relative supports they have then they get what they deserve.

Hamilton will be no loss to the top flight when they do go down though.
    Killie and Hamilton would be in the same position if the table was made up of away results only. That's for last season as well.

Hamilton currently have a far superior youth set up than all those other teams you mention. So they are contributing something. Especially when there's been clubs that couldn't give a **** about youth development.

We should start handing out rosettes and hearty handshakes to the Tims, Huns and their cousins when they come visit. "Thank you for your support" bellowing out the tannoy.

If plastic pitches are that much of advantage, then we should have one. Might save a few quid on the state of the art training facilities we don’t really need as well. Win win

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    If plastic pitches are that much of advantage, then we should have one. Might save a few quid on the state of the art training facilities we don’t really need as well. Win win
    Is our record at home that bad that we need the aid of plastic pitches?

They’re either an advantage or they aren’t. Which is it?

Theres evidence to suggest that they are an advantage.
    My question was relating to how much advantage would it bring to us i.e. would it significantly improve our home points gained.
    I'm not convinced, hence the query.

for smaller clubsm definately they gain advantage not only on the pitch but also off it

So they’re only an advantage to Killie, Livingston & Hamilton but not for us. Glad that’s cleared up

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    So they’re only an advantage to Killie, Livingston & Hamilton but not for us. Glad that’s cleared up
    FFS, stop trying to make everything an argument and being a tw@t
    I asked what Aberdeens home record was and whether it could then be viewed whether we could see a significant advantage in having a plastic pitch.

It's also been shown earlier by others (not me as I know you just itch to argue any of my points made) that lower placed teams (and I know Kilmarnock in the last year have gained more from Clarke than the pitch) gain an advantage at home on a plastic pitch.

Would some teams (like Hamilton) retain top flight status without the additional points gained.

Do you not find it strange that Livi are so strong at home (only lost twice this year IIRC)?

So you’re unsure if Aberdeen could gain an advantage but you’re fairly sure Hamilton have

Name:  Screenshot_20190125-092344-01.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  13.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20190125-092421-01.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  14.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    FFS, stop trying to make everything an argument and being a tw@t
    I asked what Aberdeens home record was and whether it could then be viewed whether we could see a significant advantage in having a plastic pitch.

It's also been shown earlier by others (not me as I know you just itch to argue any of my points made) that lower placed teams (and I know Kilmarnock in the last year have gained more from Clarke than the pitch) gain an advantage at home on a plastic pitch.

Would some teams (like Hamilton) retain top flight status without the additional points gained.

Do you not find it strange that Livi are so strong at home (only lost twice this year IIRC)?
    The neck on it!

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast