+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamilton roll call and thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    So teams that are local to you should be the only ones in the league?
    I didn't say that. Neither did you to be fair. I wouldn't want Montrose, Arbroath, Forfar etc in the top league either.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    I didn't say that. Neither did you to be fair. I wouldn't want Montrose, Arbroath, Forfar etc in the top league either.
    What do you want then? They are there on merit.
    Last edited by Aldo1983; 24-01-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Knowing Jackjarvis it will be both
    Knowing jackjarvis........?????

Meanwhile, after last night’s win hopefully not too many injuries suffered on that pitch as we prepare for Saturday.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    What do you want then? They are there on merit.
    Personally I would ban plastic pitches from the top flight. Given their miserable home attendances I would think Hamilton and probably Livingston would struggle to keep their head above water and stay in the top league for more than one season without the additional revenue generated.

For the record both Brechin and probably Forfar as well both threw going up to the top league about 30 years ago. The perceived wisdom by both boards was it would bankrupt the clubs.

A more sensible approach than the one more recently adopted by Gretna and Livingston the last time around. Cheating Barstewards that they were !

Hamilton were pretty dire, as bad as I've seen them since they came up so hopefully this is the year they go back where they belong as I'm with RST here in that they bring absolutely nothing to the top flight and wont be missed in the slightest.

Cant agree with you there dude

You could say the same for Killie using your theory then. They are the fourth longest serving team in the league. 1993 they got up. What have they ever brought to the league barring a rank pitch and good pies.

Tables don't lie. Hamilton are in the Premier because they got there own their own merit. They have also stayed their on their own merit.

Never understood the "where they belong" line

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Cant agree with you there dude

You could say the same for Killie using your theory then. They are the fourth longest serving team in the league. 1993 they got up. What have they ever brought to the league barring a rank pitch and good pies.

Tables don't lie. Hamilton are in the Premier because they got there own their own merit. They have also stayed their on their own merit.

Never understood the "where they belong" line
    There is an argument that Hamiton are only there because of the advantage that horrible pitch gives them. Killie are benefiting as well. Only lost to us and Hearts at home all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    There is an argument that Hamiton are only there because of the advantage that horrible pitch gives them. Killie are benefiting as well. Only lost to us and Hearts at home all season.
    Yep - its probably no coincidence that Livi and Killie are doing well this year (relatively) given the advantage they get from the pitches they have. Killie are a decent sized club - far bigger than the likes of Hamilton, and are adding something to the league this year with the way they are up near the top and taking points off the likes of us and Sevco. Clarke has done a great job there no doubt.

Hamilton seem to be struggling more this season but its no coincidence they've managed to stay up last few years while benefitting from the pitch they have too.

I'd happily see artificial pitches banned - s'hite to play on, gives the home team a big advantage and just makes the league look really mickey mouse apart from anything else.

Teams get up on merit yes, and so it should be, but my preference is still to have teams with a decent sized support who add a bit of colour and atmosphere to the games - not to mention some finance too.

Having a minibus full of Hamilton or Livi fans at Pittodrie makes the league look mickey mouse too.

Much rather see a Partick, Dunfermline, Falkirk (as long as the plastic pitch went), ICT or even dare I say Dundee Utd in the top league - though watching them struggle away is extremely enjoyable - than the likes of Hamilton and Livi. That said, if these teams cant get a team on the park good enough for the top league with the relative supports they have then they get what they deserve.

Hamilton will be no loss to the top flight when they do go down though.

Yep - its probably no coincidence that Livi and Killie are doing well this year (relatively) given the advantage they get from the pitches they have. Killie are a decent sized club - far bigger than the likes of Hamilton, and are adding something to the league this year with the way they are up near the top and taking points off the likes of us and Sevco. Clarke has done a great job there no doubt.

Hamilton seem to be struggling more this season but its no coincidence they've managed to stay up last few years while benefitting from the pitch they have too.

I'd happily see artificial pitches banned - s'hite to play on, gives the home team a big advantage and just makes the league look really mickey mouse apart from anything else.

Teams get up on merit yes, and so it should be, but my preference is still to have teams with a decent sized support who add a bit of colour and atmosphere to the games - not to mention some finance too.

Having a minibus full of Hamilton or Livi fans at Pittodrie makes the league look mickey mouse too.

Much rather see a Partick, Dunfermline, Falkirk (as long as the plastic pitch went), ICT or even dare I say Dundee Utd in the top league - though watching them struggle away is extremely enjoyable - than the likes of Hamilton and Livi. That said, if these teams cant get a team on the park good enough for the top league with the relative supports they have then they get what they deserve.

I agree . There was twice the number of people at a Arbroath v Forfar match than atLivingston v Hamilton match on the same Saturday. However there is no excusing the Arabs For examplecontinually failing to get their s hit together. Plastic pitches have noplace in the top flight and without them the likes of Hamilton and Livingston would struggle to last more than a season in the top league.

Not sure what the significance of Cosgrove's first goal being described as a "sclaf" is?

Bottom line is he reacted quickest and buried the chance. That's called a strikers goal in my book.

Bug Sam has made a few people sit up and take notice. I admit I wrote him off too quickly but I couldn't be happier for him. What a transformation.

I don't disagree with that but it means other teams below them need to pick up their sh@t and get better. Untill then Hamilton are a deserved Premier League side

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast