+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Simeos signs

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Signed to potentially make money on , nothing to do with building a competitive squad .

Your reference is the last two years , massive differential in money coming in and money going out leading to relegation and a drop of 21 league places .

Keep sucking it up buttercup .
    Surely they go hand in hand.The average life span of a player at any club is about 2 seasons.So we are making the squad competitive and hopefully when the said players move on we do make a profit.The alternative is making a loss and look what happens to clubs then.I think if you check the dealings of the new board we have spent more than we have taken in.I don't want the club to go down the same route as Wednesday and Birmingham for example,massive debts and transfer embargos.And by the way I don't suck up to anybody.Because I don't believe in assumptions and rumours it doesn't make me arse licker.I thought that forums were for reasonable debate it just seems to me that unless you conform to not liking the club and the board you're not welcome.A shame really I would like to think we're all Barnsley fans.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Surely they go hand in hand.The average life span of a player at any club is about 2 seasons.So we are making the squad competitive and hopefully when the said players move on we do make a profit.The alternative is making a loss and look what happens to clubs then.I think if you check the dealings of the new board we have spent more than we have taken in.I don't want the club to go down the same route as Wednesday and Birmingham for example,massive debts and transfer embargos.And by the way I don't suck up to anybody.Because I don't believe in assumptions and rumours it doesn't make me arse licker.I thought that forums were for reasonable debate it just seems to me that unless you conform to not liking the club and the board you're not welcome.A shame really I would like to think we're all Barnsley fans.
    It is but that goes the other way when you accept everything the club tells you .

The drop of 21 places over a two year period isn't an assumption its a fact .

Selling your best players and not replacing them adequately leads to relegation , another fact for you .

Money leaving the club and going in to a private bank account is another fact from the previous ownership .

The club were sold to the new ownership based on that model , the policies not changed , that's another fact .

How reasonable do you want it Bill , those are the facts .

Wrong on two counts Bill--

1, Since Dec 2017 the money received from transfers out--Knasmullner, Mallan, Bradshaw, Potts, Moncur exceeds the money spent on Moore, Styles, Dougall, Woodrow and Green.

2, It is the posters who post balanced criticism of the club or individuals that are the ones most likely to feel "unwelcome".

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    That's trouble Pass coaches never consulted so the person with NO footballing experience and only knows about book keeping is running the show its pathetic !!!
    Haven’t done badly so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy501 View Post
    Haven’t done badly so far.
    Just a relegation within six months so not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Mamma's only thriving nar, like a lot onnem, cos they are facing Third Division players. The Third Division is a lot poorer than I anticipated and if Stendel dunt gerrem up wi the squad he wo given he wants shooitin.
    It's all abart opinions burra still dunt think Mamma is a near million parnd player wot Goat paid forrim. He's still not capable of lasting 90 mins. He's gorra good shot onnim if he's facing reyt way to start with. Thuz no way he cudda scooared that goal that Woodrow scooared last Setdi. Ball wud still be flying ovva London. It's my opinion Mr C
    Is this the same squad you kee ripping the p/$$ out of SB?

Accept my apologise I thought we were debating the new owners contribution not Patricks.

When this new lad knew about Barnsley being after him he came straight away

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy501 View Post
    Is this the same squad you kee ripping the p/$$ out of SB?
    A think tha'll find it is Goat and the owners that I "keep ripping the p1ss out of" Jonners. Tha'll not find many where , Mamma aside fo balance, I am criticising the players or the coaching staff.

Most of the squad were bought when we were in the Championship and it was not a good enough squad to compete there. Evvin gone darn a league the squad is now strong enough to compete.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 22-01-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Just a relegation within six months so not too bad.
    No offence to him but as you brought it up, believe it was under Mr.Cryne’s stewardship that the “Big Fire Sale” occurred.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast