+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Simeos signs

Simeos signs

19-year-old winger joins from FC United of Manchester.

Barnsley Football Club can announce the signing of Elliot Simoes, from National League North side, FC United of Manchester.

An exciting, direct and pacey winger, Simoes has signed a three-and-a-half-year contract at Oakwell. The 19-year-old came through the FC United of Manchester academy system, before progressing into the first team and instantly catching the eye of onlooking scouts.

The club has moved quickly to secure the highly-rated youngster on a long-term deal, after eight assists and two goals, in 23 appearances for FCUM. Prior to his breakthrough in Manchester, Simoes spent time with Benfica & Sporting Lisbon.

After signing his contract, Elliot told barnsleyfc.co.uk: "I wasn't expecting it to happen! I was surprised, I was heading to FC United training as normal, then I got a call telling me that Barnsley wanted to sign me. It's probably the best thing that's happened in my life. I knew I wanted to come straight away, I knew I wanted to join. The only worry you ever have is meeting new people and leaving home, but everyone has been great with me so far. I can't wait to get playing now."

Chief Executive Gauthier Ganaye was pleased to see another exciting young player secured on a long contract.

He said: "We know we have secured a really exciting young player, on a long contract. This is really important for the future of the club and it also shows that we are attractive to young players, they want to come and develop here. Elliot is a player who will offer competition for first team places straight away. As already stated, he's quick and exciting to watch on the ball. It is now up to Elliot to impress the coaches in training."

A big step up but we’ve done it before - perhaps a player to develop? Long contract!

Another left field signing. That said if everyone else stays fit and firing he won't play anyway. Same with Green and Arubba dubba

Can't be not many places left in oakwell kindergarten

Good signing should be schooled and ready for championship football next season.

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Good signing should be schooled and ready for championship football next season.
    The Scottish Championship (on loan).

GG- "its now up to Elliot to impress the coaches in training"

A tek it that means the coaches ent sin owt o him yet then. Wiv signed him on a 3 and aif year deal wi art our coaches even seeing him laik

Good luck to the lad and welcome aboard

That's trouble Pass coaches never consulted so the person with NO footballing experience and only knows about book keeping is running the show its pathetic !!!

That's not true though is it.Winkler said last week that he and Stendl work together with the recruitment team on targets. All GG is doing is the press introduction.

Yeah ok bill

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast