+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transfer window,

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    You must have missed the period we had in the mid 90's!

HRK would have been our main man in those teams...

Really! Don Goodman and Simon Garner were like Harry Kane compared to this useless lump HRK!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    You must have missed the period we had in the mid 90's!

HRK would have been our main man in those teams...
    Bob Taylor, Andy Hunt and Paolo Pasquale Peschisolido all want a word.......

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Kanu was one of the highest rated players on monday............
    ........ who by, his mom?

To give him his due he did put the effort in and played on following a nasty bang to the head.

But he was largely ineffective for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I think a few may be helped with the break this weekend.....I would continue to play a team similar to the last round victory over Wigan....It will help a few young fellas with game time....I see this weekend like an international break....
    I understand and appreciate your logic Dubs but the players have got a week off after this one. They looked sluggish against Bolton following their break in Dubai, the competition's opening up and we need momentum going into the season run in. If that means younger players coming in to cover injuries then fine. But it's play the strongest available first eleven for me as opposed to giving the kids a run out and paying lip service to a decent chance of progression.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Really! Don Goodman and Simon Garner were like Harry Kane compared to this useless lump HRK!
    Al ...Rondom's like Harry kane compared to HRK .

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Goodman went in 91. Hardly the mid 90s mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Goodman went in 91. Hardly the mid 90s mate.

Your probably right! Working from my mind rather than seeing it on stats/pc.

Just think if we were to get promoted - the prize would be Rondon driving back

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I understand and appreciate your logic Dubs but the players have got a week off after this one. They looked sluggish against Bolton following their break in Dubai, the competition's opening up and we need momentum going into the season run in. If that means younger players coming in to cover injuries then fine. But it's play the strongest available first eleven for me as opposed to giving the kids a run out and paying lip service to a decent chance of progression.
    Regardless of weather we get to the next round or the next or even the next....I would still use the competition for playing second string or non regulars. The congestion will start mounting up just as this league goes into many weeks with 2 games to be played.
    To me, it looks like we dont have debt in our squad and we have been pretty ok with injuries for the most part. I understand your reasoning but not with the size, age and quality of the present squad...
    Football is one of those few jobs, where you have to consider age. We have a few that may need more then a week in between...

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Bob Taylor, Andy Hunt and Paolo Pasquale Peschisolido all want a word.......
    Granted....I was thinking more about the likes of Fabien De Frietas, Mickey Evans and James Quinn!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Regardless of weather we get to the next round or the next or even the next....I would still use the competition for playing second string or non regulars. The congestion will start mounting up just as this league goes into many weeks with 2 games to be played.
    To me, it looks like we dont have debt in our squad and we have been pretty ok with injuries for the most part. I understand your reasoning but not with the size, age and quality of the present squad...
    Football is one of those few jobs, where you have to consider age. We have a few that may need more then a week in between...
    I'd play our 2nd string too. Lets be fair we're not going to win the FA Cup, but we have a chance of finishing in the top 2. If we put our first XI in against Brighton and draw, that means another midweek game where we'll be expected to put another strong team out and if we get through we'll have another rearranged league game to play in midweek too.

Not only that, but we've got a few players on the periphery who need minutes just in case they are called upon.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)