+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer window,

Transfer window,

With a few more days left in the window we seem to have stagnated in our attempts to bring any new players in. What I don't want to happen is our propensity to bring in players who are past their sell buy dates. We do need a couple of fresh faces even if they are on loan. However, these players must be youngsters with potential and most importantly pace and energy. Last night's performance epitomised this as we basically looked one paced and static.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    With a few more days left in the window we seem to have stagnated in our attempts to bring any new players in. What I don't want to happen is our propensity to bring in players who are past their sell buy dates. We do need a couple of fresh faces even if they are on loan. However, these players must be youngsters with potential and most importantly pace and energy. Last night's performance epitomised this as we basically looked one paced and static.
    Agree with that. I think the one position from last night that looked weak was HRK. Hopefully when Phillips returns he'll take that place (instead of midfield) and then our starting XI isn't too bad.

Problem will be if any of our back 4 or front 3 get injured, there isn't much cover..

Have I missed something, but what's the problem with Phillips?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    Have I missed something, but what's the problem with Phillips?
    Injured his ankle in training before the home game against Norwich apparently.

Darren Moore's stated he won't be in the squad for Brighton on Saturday and as yet there's no date for his return.
    Last edited by Albionic68; 22-01-2019 at 03:06 PM.

I think a few may be helped with the break this weekend.....I would continue to play a team similar to the last round victory over Wigan....It will help a few young fellas with game time....I see this weekend like an international break....

Think Tosin gone back to Man City

I see we’re being linked with Alberth Elis from Houston Dynamo in the MLS. At least he’s only 22 and not 42. Celtic also interested apparently so I presume if he’s any good they’ll offer better wages🙄

Kanu was one of the highest rated players on monday and got us the free kick for the first goal, he does great at getting us free kicks.

What! Jeez who was doing the marking, Kanu should be nowhere near a professional football team, the reason why we get free kicks is because he spends most of his time on his arse. One of the worst players I have ever seen in an Albion shirt in 55 years of watching. Another one of Moore's mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    What! Jeez who was doing the marking, Kanu should be nowhere near a professional football team, the reason why we get free kicks is because he spends most of his time on his arse. One of the worst players I have ever seen in an Albion shirt in 55 years of watching. Another one of Moore's mates.
    You must have missed the period we had in the mid 90's!

HRK would have been our main man in those teams...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)