+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City Striker On Missing Plane

Cardiff City Striker On Missing Plane

Just signed for £15m , light aircraft disappeared over the english channel last night apparently .

https://news.sky.com/story/cardiff-c...plane-11614303

Tragic news.

Dangerous flying over water in light aircraft. You have sea fret and the dials can play tricks on even the best of pilots. I've watched lots of programmes about Bermuda triangle too.

Hope everyone turns out ok. If they've had to ditch hopefully they might have been picked up by a passing trawler. This time of year though the sea will be freezing. I don't hold out much hope for them though.

At least they haven't been lost in deeper warmer water. Then you have to factor in being picked off by blue or white tip sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Tragic news.

Dangerous flying over water in light aircraft. You have sea fret and the dials can play tricks on even the best of pilots. I've watched lots of programmes about Bermuda triangle too.

Hope everyone turns out ok. If they've had to ditch hopefully they might have been picked up by a passing trawler. This time of year though the sea will be freezing. I don't hold out much hope for them though.

At least they haven't been lost in deeper warmer water. Then you have to factor in being picked off by blue or white tip sharks.
    Search and rescue called off at 2am this morning due to worsening weather conditions .

Two people including the Cardiff lad reported on board the light aircraft .

Doesn't look good at all .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Search and rescue called off at 2am this morning due to worsening weather conditions .

Two people including the Cardiff lad reported on board the light aircraft .

Doesn't look good at all .
    Never seen anything like this in my lifetime. Heard they re opened search at 8 am this morning. What will happen next? Will they search for the plane mate?

Obituary already on BBC Sport website. Tragic news.

Tragic story. Just awful.

Bad news and just after the Leicester tragic one

very sad news

i bet theres someone on the phone to bank trying to cancel cheque.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    very sad news

i bet theres someone on the phone to bank trying to cancel cheque.
    Since you've mentioned it. Was thinking the same thing. When you're near bottom you have no luck at all. It's a lot of money to go without a trace.