+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to make money from your computer Yes really.

How to make money from your computer Yes really.

I have been playing poker a long time, but only recently started to make money. My poker rating on the official poker rankings is now 92%, and i hit the money 19% of the time. I am sure that will get better. If you understand the basics of poker, but think winning poker is out of your reach, think again.

There are two psychological barriers, number 1 is thinking you can win, and suspect its all a scam, Number two i will reveal if someone asks. I put fifty quid on last summer and it went up and down like a yo yo. Now i make money most nights. i play. It went down to 55 dollars now im well into three figures playing £ 1-50 in a 45 field on pokerstars.

Apart from the money, poker is fascinating. Last night i had two pair on the flop and my opponent as i learnt had nothing but a pair of diamonds and a diamond on the flop, he bet and drew two diamonds on the turn and river, poker insanity, and knocked me out. There is no coping with dolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

Last night i had two pair on the flop and my opponent as i learnt had nothing but a pair of diamonds and a diamond on the flop, he bet and drew two diamonds on the turn and river, poker insanity, and knocked me out.
    Not a clue what you’re on about, Frank, you’re talking in runes. What the f­uck’s a river got to do with poker?

I wish that I had learnt to play poker Frank,it sounds like an interesting game,chess is another game that I should have learnt when I had the chance but unfortunately football and pubs got in the way

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I wish that I had learnt to play poker Frank,it sounds like an interesting game,chess is another game that I should have learnt when I had the chance but unfortunately football and pubs got in the way
    Poker is a very easy game to learn ,chess on the other hand is not..

Dont be fooled Chalky, poker is easy to learn but hard to master. You do need to be able to compute pot odds, outs etc. And when you start you will lose, and lose bad. But thats the price of a poker education, once you get it, your away with a lifetime of fun.

If you play, you will be automatically included in the official poker rankings which you can type in. You can research the stats of every player at the table, a lot of players make thousands per year. If i make say twenty dollars a month, multiply that by 12, thats £240 a year. At higher stakes thats a lot more. Not to be sniffed at.

I will be playing higher stakes, but not yet, im winning too much, when i get a big stake ill go higher. There are endless videos on basic poker on youtube. You can also play with play money, though that gives a false impression. As for you Griff, im sure this is beyond you. p.s, i play chess as well. Once you get a grip on poker, if you do, the key ingredient is patience, something we could all do more with.

Throwing rubbish cards away means you are not involved, and it gets boring. When you get to the business end its an adrenalin rush.

“Number two i will reveal if someone asks. ”

Unless it’s me, obv.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

If you play, you will be automatically included in the official poker rankings
    It's just another 'league' that I would be at the bottom of tbf Frank,just like Griffs prediction comp but even so I do enjoying doing it though,don't forget to put yours in as there's not much between us

Quote Originally Posted by kel_ View Post
    “Number two i will reveal if someone asks. ”

Unless it’s me, obv.
    You wouldn't ask in a nice way though kel,you would probably come out with some insult or other

There you go Chalky, defeating yourself before you start, saying you will be bottom in everything. Your potentialities are unknown, because you havent tried. One of the breakthroughs for me at poker is to think yes i can win, and i do, success follows a positive attitude.

You probably defeat yourself in all aspects of life, what do you feel confident at? What makes you feel good about yourself? Whatever it is, that can grow, all it needs is for you to want to do it. As far something as small as predictocomp is concerned, i WILL finish above you, no problem. When i am up against a good poker player, i will find a way. If you dont challenge yourself, life is endless failure.

There are countless self improvement videos on youtube, find one that feels right and do it. Your mind is a computer, you can re write the programme. From failure to success. I know, ive done it, i can show you my poker stats if you want.

I’m sure it would be beyond me Frank, that’s true. If I can’t be bothered with something I ignore it, which is why I know f­uck all about poker. So, as you say, it’s beyond me. If I studied it, as you have, I’d no doubt get better at it.

My point is, why on earth do you think that saying summat is beyond me is an insult?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)