+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bid for Almiron

Bid for Almiron

£16m bid according to the Ronnie .

In case it fails we have also bid
    £12m for Harry Kane
    £14m for Hazard
    £16m for Salah
    And asked for Messi, Bale and Suarez on loan .

Since bishop has been tasked with nufc propaganda .. The first 2 bits out are ... Almirons agent wants £4m and we have bid £16m .. Not bad in 24hrs .

They would have to sign contracts on at least 90% less than they earn now.

I thought the main sticking point was the agents astronomical fee of £4m. I reckon we would bid higher but that appears to be putting us off along with a £100k per week. He currently earns £40k per week.

Not sure if this guy is worth all that money as he is untested at PL level.

In a way I am pleased to see we will not be battered down by greedy agents. Of course the flip side..........ahem

They keep changing the excuse for not sining Almiron, Not bid enough, Bid enough but he wants too much in wages. Now it's the agent wanting 4 .million

Aye - have to agree with Scott here.

The reasons keep changing, on top of that we know that the PR is going into overdrive. . .

Not expecting to see him here now really, hope i'm wrong but don't think i will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
    I thought the main sticking point was the agents astronomical fee of £4m. I reckon we would bid higher but that appears to be putting us off along with a £100k per week. He currently earns £40k per week.

Not sure if this guy is worth all that money as he is untested at PL level.

In a way I am pleased to see we will not be battered down by greedy agents. Of course the flip side..........ahem
    To put it in context Alli is reported to have signed a contract paying £100k a week .. So almiron asking the same is hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    To put it in context Alli is reported to have signed a contract paying £100k a week .. So almiron asking the same is hard to believe.
    It's a fair point...any leak about potential wages will come from fatso's people and will be grossly exaggerated to 'explain' why we couldn't possibly buy him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    It's a fair point...any leak about potential wages will come from fatso's people and will be grossly exaggerated to 'explain' why we couldn't possibly buy him.
    But haven't we heard all of the excuses, reasons and lies every single season apart from a couple.

I would imagine most of us could repeat them chapter and verse and even for next season in advance if the fat turd is still around then.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    But haven't we heard all of the excuses, reasons and lies every single season apart from a couple.

I would imagine most of us could repeat them chapter and verse and even for next season in advance if the fat turd is still around then.
    As much as i hate fat man and how stingy he is i can't complain (if its true of course) that we aren't willing to pay this kid 100k a week considering he is unproven in a top league and he's not even earning half of that right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)