+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Too many negatives on this forum

Too many negatives on this forum

Why ? I don't agree with many things this new board have done , then again nothing really has changed over the last 130 odd years , either follow the team or don't , constant bitching over money spent , income etc etc , the board will make the decision , whether we like it or not , If it's not for you ? It's simple don't attend the games , I for one will monitor whether I renew or not next season , i expect more than what we are getting from the board , maybe best to go part time ? Pick and choose games !!!!

Tha couldn't affooard it at them prices Roma

Tha reight thow. Thuz ballacks all we can do abart it so vote wi thi feet. The might be a few mooar tekkers than the owners realise

It's not surprising though is it Roma?
    Very amateurish.
    We complained that players weren't signed on long enough contracts forcing us to sell.
    We complained that we needed some experience in the squad.
    Well we're selling young players with years on their contracts, that aren't asking to leave (Moncur excepted), and replacing them with even younger ones.
    Right now we're favourites for top 2 in my eyes and they're pulling the rug from under Stendel's feet.
    If they're in this for the money it stands to reason that there's more to be made in the Championship.
    If they insist on sales they should at least get cover arranged before they sell.
    I said on another thread we should try to get Mark Roberts back on loan, with an option to buy if we go up.
    Blackpool's demise started like this.
    Less than 8 after relegation from the Prem they're surviving on loan players and cheap lower league players.
    All the millions made, the parachute payments, fees from players like Charlie Adam, Tom Ince, Matt Phillips all syphoned off into the Oyston's various businesses. The FA aren't interested. He was told to pay £30m back by the courts to Latvian investor, but he's wriggled out of it.

'When the Latvian bank mogul Valeri Belokon won his landmark high court case against Blackpool owner, Owen Oyston, last November, it seemed finally to deliver the means of ending Oyston’s long, toxic tenure at Bloomfield Road. Yet nearly a year on Oyston remains in charge despite the ruling he “illegitimately stripped” the club of £26.77m after its one jackpot season in the Premier League, and must pay that huge sum to Belokon, plus the Latvian’s original £4.5m investment and costs.
    Belokon can seize and sell any Oyston assets to realise that £34m total but the club is out of his reach. He is prevented by the EFL’s owners and directors “fit and proper person” test, which bars people who have a criminal conviction involving dishonesty. Obscure as it appears, Belokon does have one, for money laundering, in the central Asian republic of Kyrgyzstan, following a court hearing there last year in his absence'.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Why ? I don't agree with many things this new board have done , then again nothing really has changed over the last 130 odd years , either follow the team or don't , constant bitching over money spent , income etc etc , the board will make the decision , whether we like it or not , If it's not for you ? It's simple don't attend the games , I for one will monitor whether I renew or not next season , i expect more than what we are getting from the board , maybe best to go part time ? Pick and choose games !!!!
    Not sure what people expected. They made it clear they wanted the club to carry on with Crynes plan and be self sufficient. As SB says the club lost £6m with relegation so they’ll want to claw some of that back. The players they’ve brought in have been good in Woodrow, Dougal, Bahre and Moore plus a few development players . Didn’t agree with Moncur going to Luton but wasn’t that bothered to see him go in principle.

It's time the Cryne/Lee plan was overalled , I like many enjoy watching a young potentially league winning side , we never get chance to see the players we back , week in week out , reach some level of being part of our clubs( ambition ) ? Always sold on for profit , time and patience now wearing thin for many fans I think ,

During my time supporting the club I have always seen a sign somewhere that read Barnsley Football Club Ltd , it was on the dormar of the west stand for years and since the ground was redeveloped it's all over the place .

In 51 years I've never seen a sign saying Barnsley Football Club Private Investment Fund Ltd .

I'm generally attracted to buy stuff that does exactly what it says on the tin and definitely suspicious of anything that doesn't .

Food for thought .