+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The return of Enzio

The return of Enzio

Why is everyone salivating at the return of Enzio and expecting him to be The /our saviour.
    If I remember right most of you on here were slagging him off and blaming him for all the goals we were conceding.
    I think many were calling him lazy and pointing out that he does not track back and defend enough.
    Basically the concesous were blaming him for all the defeats and our terrible inability to defend...
    However , now he seems to be The solution not the problem..!,
    Make your mind up please...which is it..?!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Why is everyone salivating at the return of Enzio and expecting him to be The /our saviour.
    Probably because he's the only small straw we can clutch at.

ps I've rated Enzio since day one, he's our biggest asset by some way but I doubt he'll be our saviour.

If I remember right most of you on here were slagging him off and blaming him for all the goals we were conceding.
    I think many were calling him lazy and pointing out that he does not track back and defend enough.
    Basically the concesous were blaming him for all the defeats and our terrible inability to defend...
    Maybe the video online got a few excited showing him in training.
    He is still several weeks away from being match fit and looking at the under 23s today there are one or two that may be worth a punt.

Different people have different views Pedro, it might be one set of posters slagging him off and another thinking he's the saviour. The truth lies somewhere in the middle, probably. But it has to be said, we were still crap when he was in the team.

As someone that defended him, it was only a few people that said he was lazy, anyone with any sense could recognise he was a country mile better than anyone else in our team and was behind a lot of the goals we scored early on.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    As someone that defended him, it was only a few people that said he was lazy, anyone with any sense could recognise he was a country mile better than anyone else in our team and was behind a lot of the goals we scored early on.
    It would be nice if those people revealed themselves now and stated they think he would cost the team dear and we would start shipping goals left right and centre if he plays.
    Personally he's the best attacking option we have and should be no where near the back four defending...

Because Enzio's the type of player who can score/create a goal out of nothing. Our current team lacks pace, strength and forward drive - Enzio is probably the only effective player we have in our massive squad who can actually give defenders a fright.

He's not the messiah, of course. When he returns properly, we'll see that's he's a good L2 winger, not a football genius. I doubt he'll make a huge difference alone, but if you factor in the return of Hemmings and Tootle (if they ever get fit) and a couple of new signings (if that ever happens), it could be enough to start picking up points. Still, I seems a bit late now.

It will just be nice to have a player who can take the game to the opposition and make them have to defend. Watching Stead with his back to goal all game is enough to drive anyone mad.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Because Enzio's the type of player who can score/create a goal out of nothing. Our current team lacks pace, strength and forward drive - Enzio is probably the only effective player we have in our massive squad who can actually give defenders a fright.

He's not the messiah, of course. When he returns properly, we'll see that's he's a good L2 winger, not a football genius. I doubt he'll make a huge difference alone, but if you factor in the return of Hemmings and Tootle (if they ever get fit) and a couple of new signings (if that ever happens), it could be enough to start picking up points. Still, I seems a bit late now.

It will just be nice to have a player who can take the game to the opposition and make them have to defend. Watching Stead with his back to goal all game is enough to drive anyone mad.
    Time yo give stead an impact role of the bench..!

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

Enzio may be a winger, but when he returns, I would have him up front alongside Stead. His pace and eye for goal would be more beneficial than playing on the wing, since no-one in our team has the pace or ability to get into the box for a cross from him.

It would be nice if those people revealed themselves now and stated they think he would cost the team dear and we would start shipping goals left right and centre if he plays.
    Happy to oblige with a couple of posts from his biggest fans..

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I just wonder how much a couple of good defenders would have cost instead of that complete waste of space Enzio . Good luck Harry , you're gonna fcuking need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    He isn't skilful or exciting gump , he's fcuking useless . Lazy sod . I would rather see my Labrador on the wing.

ps . For a professional footballer is control is awful , fcuking awful . I really hope now Kewell is our manager he didn't have anything to do with bumping up that useless cnuts price.
    Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    Enzio is a luxury player we can't afford. He isn't particularly skilful either just has a bit of pace. Possibly worth bringing him on when leading away from home with 10 minutes to go. We need a new defence, new keeper and then a midfield with players that create when on the ball and give their all when we don't have possession.
    Quote Originally Posted by roweyp View Post
    He's lazy and has not one ounce of fight in him. He'd be good if we were dominant but when we have to work hard he's the last player you need.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast