+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fit Was Your Ambition As A Nipper And Did You Suceed

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    18 Wheeler were Aberdeen's contribution to Brit Pop.
    I don't think they where from Aberdeen. Id have said Glasgow.
    Geneva where Aberdeens only contribution to Britpop. They where equally gash.

EDIT/on topic: As a kid I wanted to be a spaceman or a cowboy. Achieved both as an adult in the Village People tribute act I was in.
    Last edited by DodHagi; 23-01-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    I wanted to be a professional footballer or a musician. Only an astonishing lack of talent at both prevented this from happening.
    I was going to be the next Eoin Jess... which didn't quite work and then I was going to be the next Liam Gallagher... which also didn't quite work. The 90s were good times though - lots to reminisce about. Imagine kids today in 30 years time reminiscing about their childhood... poor craters

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    I don't think they where from Aberdeen. Id have said Glasgow.
    Geneva where Aberdeens only contribution to Britpop. They where equally gash.

EDIT/on topic: As a kid I wanted to be a spaceman or a cowboy. Achieved both as an adult in the Village People tribute act I was in.
    I'm sure they were from Aberdeen or thereabouts. Geneva were the poor man's Gene. Forgot they were from Aberdeen.

Brit Pop spewed out a lot of mediocre ****e.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Brit Pop spewed out a lot of mediocre ****e.
    True - but the mediocre stuff back then was infinitely better than the majority of the garbage kids listen to nowadays. The charts / radio etc were at least full of proper music - folk writing songs, playing instruments, singing live etc

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    The 90s were good times though - lots to reminisce about. Imagine kids today in 30 years time reminiscing about their childhood... poor craters

Well, they'll have plenty photo's to remind them.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Well, they'll have plenty photo's to remind them.
    True. Endless photos of themselves looking like dogs or cats or whatever the latest filter is. And they'll be able to reminisce about who won X-Factor each year and disappeared without a trace the next - and they'll think back in horror to the days when people ate meat and people were male and female, before everyone started identifying as gender neutral trees or transgender lamposts.

They might even have tried to leave their bedrooms.

I only found out about filters today, if they don't bring back taking the p'iss they are going to have to build a massive extension to Cornhill.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I wanted to be a lorry driver, like my Dad.

I did for a while. Overrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oUIoyG1tQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3YDyvykvVI
    That's a cracking version thon JP Harris one, still prefer Steve Earle's though. You need to feed the inner hillbilly now and then :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    After a wee "daddys away to work" conversation today with the wee man he informed me he want to work driving an Eddie Stobart.

Got me thinking, i remember when i was in single figures i wanted to be a digger driver. Failed on that one

Once in my ****s i was fit as f@ck and enjoyed being fit and decided i wanted to be a personal trainer. Failed on that too

Here i am en route to Africa to work on a death trap. Wouldnt have guessed that

Hope the wee man does get a gig at Eddie Stobart. Ill get to toot his horn and flash his lights
    I wanted to be a pilot (planes nae boats).

Seems you need to be able to tell the difference between a red light and a green light to be a pilot, so that was out.

Thought about going to sea - also failed, linked to "pilot" reason.

Never considered a career in ile or in civil engineering back when I was young, though I wish I'd done either now instead of computer-pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    True - but the mediocre stuff back then was infinitely better than the majority of the garbage kids listen to nowadays. The charts / radio etc were at least full of proper music - folk writing songs, playing instruments, singing live etc
    I think you are looking at it through rose tinted glasses re the charts. The chart music was pish. The odd indie hit would make it in but the majority was awful.

Radio wise it was better though but we now have Radio 6 that plays most of what we would be listening to.

Music just now is good. You just need to look for it.

I'm a 90s indie kid but Shame are one of the best bands I've heard live. Check them out.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast