+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Back to the “hoses”

Back to the “hoses”

I’ve never really been that bothered about the hoses, though I do agree they contribute to an untidy area of the stadium, but can so one tell us what they are actually used for, the pitch now has a watering system, and they certainly don’t use them for cleaning the seats.

They haven’t moved in months, so maybe they are no longer required, if so, why not offer them free to anyone that wants them, on the basis they pick them up, I’m sure a few junior teams would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I’ve never really been that bothered about the hoses, though I do agree they contribute to an untidy area of the stadium, but can so one tell us what they are actually used for, the pitch now has a watering system, and they certainly don’t use them for cleaning the seats.

They haven’t moved in months, so maybe they are no longer required, if so, why not offer them free to anyone that wants them, on the basis they pick them up, I’m sure a few junior teams would be interested.
    Derry can't be the ****hole it is without the hoses. I think the metal crush barrier on top of the wall makes it more difficult for dabs to break in but it's as aesthetically appealing as Dave bowman and Davie dodds in a 69.

My rare venture into the Bobby cox on Saturday I noticed they have tried to hide mair **** behind the floodlights....that broken ladder is no use to man or beast but it's there....I wonder if it's been there longer than the hoses....or maybe dens is rented oot to Tayside fire brigade for training sessions....just guessing though....you should write to most respected for answers....reply may drop thru your letterbox same time as your telegram from the queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Derry can't be the ****hole it is without the hoses. I think the metal crush barrier on top of the wall makes it more difficult for dabs to break in but it's as aesthetically appealing as Dave bowman and Davie dodds in a 69.

My rare venture into the Bobby cox on Saturday I noticed they have tried to hide mair **** behind the floodlights....that broken ladder is no use to man or beast but it's there....I wonder if it's been there longer than the hoses....or maybe dens is rented oot to Tayside fire brigade for training sessions....just guessing though....you should write to most respected for answers....reply may drop thru your letterbox same time as your telegram from the queen.
    Jim Thomson told in the middle of July 2018 that the hoses were used for hosing down the seats in the South Enclosure and he told me that they would be removed before the start of the season. He did not say which season and perhaps I wrongly assumed that he meant the 2018-19 season.
    When I last saw the hoses near the top of the Stairway to Heaven on 10th December 2018 they appeared to be in a different position from July 2018 but they are still an eyesore and should be placed out of view. They could put the hoses in these two huts for spectators and like the tractors remove them for home games.

The 'Hose Challenge', one intrepid fan to sneak across to the derry steps and remove the hoses without being noticed. Has to be streamed live on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Jim Thomson told in the middle of July 2018 that the hoses were used for hosing down the seats in the South Enclosure and he told me that they would be removed before the start of the season. He did not say which season and perhaps I wrongly assumed that he meant the 2018-19 season.
    When I last saw the hoses near the top of the Stairway to Heaven on 10th December 2018 they appeared to be in a different position from July 2018 but they are still an eyesore and should be placed out of view. They could put the hoses in these two huts for spectators and like the tractors remove them for home games.
    My seat hasn't been cleaned ever.

Last time I was there it had mair stoor on it than a broken Dyson.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    The 'Hose Challenge', one intrepid fan to sneak across to the derry steps and remove the hoses without being noticed. Has to be streamed live on Facebook.
    That wud probably lead to a lifetime ban, council shutting the Derry and a 25 pt deduction.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Apparently Deeranged has seen footage of the hoses moving poltergeist style and it's really really scary.😁

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Apparently Deeranged has seen footage of the hoses moving poltergeist style and it's really really scary.��
    It's all on film. They just sprang into life and started hosing down random seats, I sh1t myself watching it.

Then a ghostly voice came over the audio asking 'Who really gives a **** about some haunted hoses'?

I ran away.

I'm working on a plan. I'll get a team up, go into the Derry in darkness, get the hoses and cut them into bits.
    Next step, lay them oot at the back of the Derry.
    When daylight breaks the message will read ..... Thomson F. O.
    Wonder if anyone will notice the hoses then ??

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    I'm working on a plan. I'll get a team up, go into the Derry in darkness, get the hoses and cut them into bits.
    Next step, lay them oot at the back of the Derry.
    When daylight breaks the message will read ..... Thomson F. O.
    Wonder if anyone will notice the hoses then ??
    Can't disrespect the most respected.

Shame on you😁

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)