+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Clubs Last Wow Signing , Who was It ?

The Clubs Last Wow Signing , Who was It ?

The kind of signing that you thought that's a statement of intent , that's ambitious and we are trying to go places and kick on .

That's not say we haven't signed some good players less well known by the way .

I'll go for Stephen McPhail under Paul Hart after we'd have two rough seasons in league one in the noughties .

Seemed a bit of a coup at the time given his PL pedigree at Leeds and getting him to drop down in to League One .

Mido. Hahaha.

Craig Hignett was mine. Always seen him on MOTD with Middlesbrough and thought he was half decent.

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Mido. Hahaha.
    Definitely a wow from me when the fat fecker came waddling down the tunnel for that ill fated warm up .

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Craig Hignett was mine. Always seen him on MOTD with Middlesbrough and thought he was half decent.
    Argh the days when we signed high end championship players steve , Shipperley , Dyer , Sheron , Hignett , Van De Laan , Chettle .

Mark Stallard was prolific until he signed for us. I was excited by Michael Boulding signing too. Jacob Burns I'd heard of from Leeds and Mcphail excited me as I'd heard of him too.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Argh the days when we signed high end championship players steve , Shipperley , Dyer , Sheron , Hignett , Van De Laan , Chettle .
    Spot on

To answer question directly. It has to be my mate Mowatt

Leroy Lita

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Definitely a wow from me when the fat fecker came waddling down the tunnel for that ill fated warm up .
    Yea but what a warm up

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast