+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK Dons

MK Dons

Having got over the disappointment of my Senior ticket not being queried for the Cheltenham game I have already bought my ticket for MK. Probably my last game of the season as I am off to Turkey for a while.

How old are you cayambe,I thought that you was younger than somebody who could claim for a Senior ticket (or was that the problem eh?)
    I think that Griff is older than me and I'm 57,who's retired on here and whos a nipper in their twenties then?

I'm 65 Chalky. When I met Tim (Piglet) a few years ago his comment was that I was a lot younger than he had imagined! Griff must be about 64 - he was in the year below me at Nelson Thomlinson School although for the life of me I cannot recall what he looks like. I'm not retired due to some bad decisions in the past (marriages and business) and a still youngish youngest daughter with a year to go at school besides I like my work which is also my only "hobby" (apart from CUFC!)

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    How old are you cayambe,I thought that you was younger than somebody who could claim for a Senior ticket (or was that the problem eh?)
    I think that Griff is older than me and I'm 57,who's retired on here and whos a nipper in their twenties then?
    Get yourself up for the MK game Chalky - we can have a message board meet (I'm sure the single table we would need would be available in the rugby club)!

You have my age right Cayambe. I was lean with longish hair by the time I left school. Played a lot of rugby with the likes of Lenny Miller and Martin Connelly. Also was a sprinter and long-jumper. Where were you living at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I'm 61 and retired 6 months ago and loving it.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    You have my age right Cayambe. I was lean with longish hair by the time I left school. Played a lot of rugby with the likes of Lenny Miller and Martin Connelly. Also was a sprinter and long-jumper. Where were you living at the time?
    One of Mr Stowe's final comments on me referred to my likeness to King Charles Not the dog - but due to the hair style!) I am in contact with Brian Charters (Facebook but hopefully a pint soon) and meet up with Alan Haile on a regular basis. Still close friends with Sandy Dalton and Peter Canham. I am a Dalston lad and now own the house - I will move back in a few weeks time from Carlisle centre as I need a UK base while I am away.

Quote Originally Posted by cayambe View Post
    I'm not retired due to some bad decisions in the past marriages
    Yeah I feel your pain on that one mate

It looks like that we are old codgers then but that's not a bad thing,I don't mind leaving the young ones to.Twitter or whatever,I'm definitely thinking about finishing work at 60, a mate of mine finished at 60 and I asked him how much he got financially punished for not waiting until he was 65 and I couldn't believe it when he said that it was 60 for the nhs pension,when I checked and saw that he was right I had practically made up my mind there and then

No pain in terms of marriages - I would write as happy as a horse in **** but that may risk you gettung a tad excited

I’m also Facebook friends with Chitz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)