+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Beyond a joke and parkgate shopping.

Angry Beyond a joke and parkgate shopping.

It's getting ridiculous that we have not recruited any players other than Mat Crookes.

Is it really necessary to employ recruitment staff etc. when we don't recruit.

I am rapidly losing patience with the club regarding their attempt to better our team, i appreciate that we don't want to go bust but we are not showing any fight or determination to get players in.

Regarding parkgate shopping, i have been pestered by their parking enforcers, UKCPS, asking me to pay a fine of £100 for not parking within a bay.

Well, it was 19th December car park full and i parked near back of M&S on road with no yellow lines, {they have since painted yellow lines on}, this is how they treat people. If there are no bays marked how can i be charged for not parking in a bay. I feel sorry for older more vulnerable people who will be upset and pay without question.

Any onwards and upwards. UTM

Ignore it, don’t pay.

It’s a civil matter not s parking fine.

They will have to take court action to get their money.

Also shop elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Ignore it, don’t pay.

It’s a civil matter not s parking fine.

They will have to take court action to get their money.

Also shop elsewhere.
    Careful with that advice Grist. Once in court, if it goes the claimants way then the fine can increase also a court enforcement order could ensue which involves private bailiff firms getting involved who's charges are astronomical.

Agree . It does seem that Tony Stewart is not really serious about staying in the championship. One league two player signed and he might turn out to be a good player and it might take time for him to adjust but Rotherham don't have time. By their lack transfer activity it seems our Tony is not fussed.

Quote Originally Posted by tonky62 View Post
    It's getting ridiculous that we have not recruited any players other than Mat Crookes.

Is it really necessary to employ recruitment staff etc. when we don't recruit.

I am rapidly losing patience with the club regarding their attempt to better our team, i appreciate that we don't want to go bust but we are not showing any fight or determination to get players in.

Regarding parkgate shopping, i have been pestered by their parking enforcers, UKCPS, asking me to pay a fine of £100 for not parking within a bay.

Well, it was 19th December car park full and i parked near back of M&S on road with no yellow lines, {they have since painted yellow lines on}, this is how they treat people. If there are no bays marked how can i be charged for not parking in a bay. I feel sorry for older more vulnerable people who will be upset and pay without question.

Any onwards and upwards. UTM
    Tonky

How do you know the effort that is being put into recruitment?

I'd rather have no news at the moment than agents, clubs divulging who we are talking to.

Parkgate

As Grist says it's not a fine, it's an invoice, which is issued for breaching the contractual conditions you agree to when parking on private land.

If as you say, you were on the road (presume that's a public road, not private) and there were no lines indicated at the time ( I expect you can find out the date they were painted, council?) you can dispute it. If they still insist there is an arbitration body which will consider your case and you will likely win, at no cost to you. POPLA.

For further advice see the various threads on moneysavingexpert.com

It is pretty disheartening not to witness any meaningful recruitment when, with the exception of Bolton, our relegation rivals are all strengthening. Reading have signed a couple more on loan today including a forward with international experience. There seems to be an air of resignation about the NYS these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    It is pretty disheartening not to witness any meaningful recruitment when, with the exception of Bolton, our relegation rivals are all strengthening. Reading have signed a couple more on loan today including a forward with international experience. There seems to be an air of resignation about the NYS these days.
    Don't you think the recruitment staff are disheartened too or are they out partying? Even if they identify potential recruits who are within our budget limits they then have to try and sell Rotherham United v Ipswich/Reading or a gaggle of other clubs who have a better pedigree/geography. How would you do that? Of course you can pay over the odds (e.g. Blackstock) or you can go with candidates that actually see RUFC as a step up from where they currently are (e.g. Smith).

Mentioned it on another thread, try looking for tech workers for a public transportation agency in a city that is the home to Amazon, Microsoft, Expedia, Starbucks, Boeing...and has significant presence from Google, Facebook etc. Can't compete on pay, can't compete on benefits/perks and as a result, jobs with 6 figure salaries go unfilled for months, even years. Doesn't mean the recruiters aren't putting a shift in, sometimes if it's just to make sure you don't end up with the wrong candidates looking for an easy ride.

All well and good CAM, but that doesn't make it any the less disheartening does it?

It will be the same old excuses. Couldn't quite get the deals over the line. One league two player in and we have lost a center forward for the rest of the season but we have got Yates no disrespect to the lad but not good enough. So if smith gets injured we are nackered