+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: United Programmes and Fanzines etc

United Programmes and Fanzines etc

Clearing out my attic last night and found a box from my Shed Boy days. Loads of Fanzines (nearly all issues of "The Final Hurdle", "Freakscene", "When the Hoodoo Comes", "One Team in Dundee", "United Utd", etc , some Books and Programmes (mostly from the late 80's/ early 90's).
    Is there anyone out there who would be interested in buying any of these?
    If there is any interest I'll put a whole list up here rather than puting on e-bay.

Quote Originally Posted by ALL_BLACK_AND_TANGERINE View Post
    Clearing out my attic last night and found a box from my Shed Boy days. Loads of Fanzines (nearly all issues of "The Final Hurdle", "Freakscene", "When the Hoodoo Comes", "One Team in Dundee", "United Utd", etc , some Books and Programmes (mostly from the late 80's/ early 90's).
    Is there anyone out there who would be interested in buying any of these?
    If there is any interest I'll put a whole list up here rather than puting on e-bay.
    How much are you looking for?

These were great times. Forgotten about the Utd/Utd one with West Ham.

Open to offers really - part of Utd fanzine history! - I'll put together a list of what I've got and see if anyone is interested.

Christmas with the Millers..... from The Final Hurdle....still makes me laugh thinking about it.

I loved The Final Hurdle, it was a good laugh.

There were other fanzines around that time, I recall one when I was working in glorious Govan not too far from Castle Greyskull around the late 80’s It was called Alottaballs, anyone remember that and others?

🤣

I'd be interested in this

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    I loved The Final Hurdle, it was a good laugh.

There were other fanzines around that time, I recall one when I was working in glorious Govan not too far from Castle Greyskull around the late 80’s It was called Alottaballs, anyone remember that and others?
    Yeah, I remember Alottaballs - it was a general Scottish Football fanzine adn a decent read. I read a lot of fanzines around 1990 as I was doing my dissertation on sub-cultural publishing at uni.

The Final Hurdle was one of the best around, with Beau Peep and Spy regular and enjoyable features.

Another good fanzine was the Celtic one Not The View which was a good read. My favourite fanzine title was Where The Creatures Meet which was the St Mirren fanzine. The title comes from a lyric in the Doors song Love Street.

Trying to remember Fundee's fanzine - I think it was called Eh Remember Gillie. Perhaps one of our resident Fundee supporting posters can clear that up.

Fanzines were great. Seemingly Jim McLean was apoplectic trying to find out who TFH's Tannadice 'Spy'was. I don't think he ever found out LOL.

Anyway, along came the internet and that was the end of the Fanzine era.

Quote Originally Posted by ALL_BLACK_AND_TANGERINE View Post
    Open to offers really - part of Utd fanzine history! - I'll put together a list of what I've got and see if anyone is interested.
    £50?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)