+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ward volley for u23s

Ward volley for u23s

Highlights of Notts vs. Newcastle U23s on the official site... Ward's volleyed goal is worth seeing

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Highlights of Notts vs. Newcastle U23s on the official site... Ward's volleyed goal is worth seeing
    Orrrrrrrrrrrr: @1m.40s.

3 things I take from this

1. Osbourne needs to be given a chance, we have nobody (at least fit) that would finish like he did.
    2. Ward's goal was ridiculously good, emergency target man anybody?
    3. We just simply cannot defend corners, be it the first team or under 23's

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post

1. Osbourne needs to be given a chance, we have nobody (at least fit) that would finish like he did.
    Agree on Osborne he had another excellent game and deserves at least the subs bench.
    Wards goal was one in a million he looked amazed he scored it. He was at the right place at the right time and will never score another like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulPie View Post
    Agree on Osborne he had another excellent game and deserves at least the subs bench.
    Wards goal was one in a million he looked amazed he scored it. He was at the right place at the right time and will never score another like that again.
    Anyone else notice the stand behind the goal had WARD written all over it? It was clearly meant to be.

Every time I see Osborne play he looks good. He actually makes things happen, and almost always seems to be involved in the goals we score. I know this first team is a step up, but he's surely worth some game time. Really hope we make the most of his abilities. That control in the second half was awesome.

Emergency target man is not as daft as it might sound. Mourinho won Serie A with Inter with a few improbable comeback wins after throwing Walter Samuel up front for the last 15, Kopp does it with Van Dijk too although he apparently started his career as a centre forward.

Agree about Osborne too, it's a big step up but Bird seems to have made it and it's getting to the stage where we have nothing to lose.

Wards goal was not a one off i have seen him score a similar one before, but can't remember where or when?

Interesting thought that!

Osbourne does look like an excellent prospect - what are the odds we sell him this year? Patching also looks OK when he has all the time in the world to pick a pass (ie at reserves level).

I love the reaction of Notts’ other centre half (Betts?) to Ward’s volley - head in hands in disbelief. Mind you, that’s also my normal stance when watching Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulPie View Post
    I really like Osbourne and hope he gets his shot, how many "talents" have we loaned from the higher leagues and they turn out to be complete duffers... we know this chap has ability and would prefer to see him get his chance rather than loan an up and coming talent from some Premier league's under 23's side. It is exactly the kind of thing we have done with no little success in the past few years. Obviously the likes of Grealish, Grant, Yates and McGregor have been serious hits but we have some seriously bad misses in that time too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast