+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winkler

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Gerrart an enjoy thissen , it's ony football innit
    It’s not the fact that he’s going.... just to them. Hope he turns them down.
    Mindst yer.. they’ve had nowt to smile at for months.... I’ll indulge the Children

I cannot understand why he'd want to leave a winning side that's trying for promotion to go to a losing side that's all but relegated. How desperate do you need to be to want to go to the prem like that?
    Stay here Herr Winkler and finish the job you started and you'll end up in the same division anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fantykestic View Post
    I cannot understand why he'd want to leave a winning side that's trying for promotion to go to a losing side that's all but relegated. How desperate do you need to be to want to go to the prem like that?
    Stay here Herr Winkler and finish the job you started and you'll end up in the same division anyway.
    I think it may have something to do with money if he goes
    Just a stab in the dark mind
    The worst scenario is he could be in the Championship with Hudds or best scenario Prem with Hudds [bit of a miracle needed] or
    worst scenario L1 with us or best scenario Championship with us
    Of course he may have seen the writing on the wall at BFC
    What would you do?
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 23-01-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Haha rolling mate soo funny.
    The only attraction I can see is that he'll be working with a good friend of his again, though it will be with a demoralised team.

It's start and finish the job. Can't be that desperate for money and I'd rather be training a side that was on the ascendance than a team that will be demoralised and probably need rebuilding.

If I was a young aspiring coach, with this dilemma, stay at unfashionable club and create something special which could only be accounted to you(and the rest of the team) or go to a club in their position, I would stay if I had the confidence in my ability.
    Ignoring prejudice or favouritism it is far easier for him to be successful with us than with Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by fantykestic View Post
    I think people are forgetting that his squad is being sold off one by one behind his back.
    If we's stood our ground on Potts & Moncur then Pinnock might think we're onto something here, I'll see the job through.
    If you see your team mates leaving, why would you stay. The message from the club is that anyone's for sale at a price.
    Rats leaving a sinking ship.
    If the players are going, why stay and try for promotion with one arm tied behind your back?
    I see Sunderland might be losing their top scorer. I wonder what they'll do.
    Option 1. Try and get by promoting someone from the youth team.
    Option 2. Sign a young hot shot from Yeovil who's got 5 goals in 100 appearances.
    Option 3. Sign a proven goalscorer from the Championship with 50 international caps. (Will Grigg).

The players are leaving
    The staff are leaving
    The fans will leave, however it appears they wouldn’t give a flying feck about that?
    It may all be astute business in the end we don’t know? These lower league lads could turn out to be world beaters? Trouble is they know if they play well they will be sold on and get a huge pay rise, these players are attracted to us because of this model that’s why they sign! You can imagine the conversations “here look at the list of players that have come in and gone on to bigger clubs for more money”
    “Right Goat we need to give the idiots that pay to watch this club a signing, go and find someone lower down the leagues and show them the list that should keep the half-wits happy”

If this was you in life - If you know you can benefit from a new job and offer skills that a potential employer is wanting, with a view to improving yourself? Would you stay loyal or leave? I’m sorry but I’d leave. Real life is many would. If the answer is no to any of those then I wouldn’t leave. That’s the question.
    It would be nice if GG or the club said to Winkler, hang on, our long term goal is this . . .we have this plan. . This when you take us up and plan to be in the premier league in 3 years. That would help the answer to my first paragraph be a no. If the club say yes to town and say nothing to Winkler then that is the most concerning of all when he goes.
    If the club try their hardest to sell their plan, that’s all they can do. You know the club have tried their hardest and you can’t do better than that.
    I don’t blame Winkler if he goes. I will blame the club if they let him go. If that makes sense

Whilst I understand the emotion because historically this is the time of year we've fecked a good season up good and proper .

The thing is nobody's gone anywhere yet and I don't think the Pinnock and Winkler thing is as cut and dried as some posters think .

Brentford and Huddersfield isn't Aston Villa or Leeds Utd .

Whilst Brentford are in the championship and about to move to a new stadium they aren't that much of a big deal , I'd be thinking to myself if I was Ethan , hmmm , you know what I think I can do better if I stay here , hopefully get promoted , raise my stock and see what the summer brings .

Same with Winkler , lets be clear nobody is saving Huddersfield's sorry @ss in the PL , not happening .

They've hired the new HC for next season and try to bounce back , personally I don't think they will be anywhere near the top end of the championship next season , too many poor players with confidence levels shot to shyte .

Big wage bill still to be serviced and players on deals with two or three years to go , there won't be a ton of money kicking around .

A club in decline after a spell in the sunshine , back to reality for Town , you can see it a mile away .

Nothing at Brentford or Town that can't be achieved here in my opinion given fair wind .

So they'll both probably feck off tomorrow then !!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast