+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holidays

Holidays

The cold weather impelled us to dream of a different climate for a while.

So we have just booked our trek to Everest base camp in November. I can't wait to get my speedos on and to soak up the sun with a refreshing drink at my side. Accommodation will be in unheated "tea huts". I presume they are unheated due to the high temperatures over there. Our high point will be at 18,021 feet at the top of Kala Patthar, a small Himalayan peak overlooking Everest.

Are any of you also planning a relaxing sun filled holiday this year?

We are also buggering off to Spain for five days in a fortnight.

I’m heading down to Montego Bay, Jamaica in a couple of weeks for my annual trek to the sun. Consuming too much rum and Red Stripe beer, frolicking around the pool, playing some golf and haggling with the locals on the “Hip Strip’ over the cost of their trinkets.

Fun times!

Cornwall, Tenerife and Dusseldorf.

Nine months selling lucky heather and pegs all over the country..

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    The cold weather impelled us to dream of a different climate for a while.

So we have just booked our trek to Everest base camp in November. I can't wait to get my speedos on and to soak up the sun with a refreshing drink at my side. Accommodation will be in unheated "tea huts". I presume they are unheated due to the high temperatures over there. Our high point will be at 18,021 feet at the top of Kala Patthar, a small Himalayan peak overlooking Everest.
    Be careful 59, Victoria Pendleton went on an Everest trek last year, she was so depressed afterwards she was on the verge of topping herself. You're showing alarming traits already, with your unswerving support for the LibDems and the EU, don't let Everest tip you over the edge.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...summer-cycling

I worry about you.

York, three nights.
    Lancaster Canal Cruise, Garstang to Tewitfield and back.
    River Rhone Cruise, Avignon to Lyon.

American Parks (If my visa comes back in time) Turkey and South Africa.

I am touched by your concern Sinkov, but don't worry about me.

I have survived 56 years of watching the Clarets - including the Orient game, Richard Nixon, John Bond, Mike and Bernie Winters, Margaret Thatcher, Simon Dee, Blackburn winning the Prem, Mrs Browns Boys, the Bee Hole End bogs, Brains Frozen Faggots, Cilla Black, Harry worth, school meals including purple blancmange and La La Land.

So Everest will be no problem.

Very impressive list of destinations there folks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I am touched by your concern Sinkov, but don't worry about me.

I have survived 56 years of watching the Clarets - including the Orient game, Richard Nixon, John Bond, Mike and Bernie Winters, Margaret Thatcher, Simon Dee, Blackburn winning the Prem, Mrs Browns Boys, the Bee Hole End bogs, Brains Frozen Faggots, Cilla Black, Harry worth, school meals including purple blancmange and La La Land.

So Everest will be no problem.
    Remarkable resilience shown there 59, I'm impressed, I thought they didn't make them like that any more. It's the others you've got to watch out for though, my missus is a very good, safe driver, better than me, yesterday she stopped at a junction and a bus ran into the back of the car. She's OK but the car's not so well. You just never know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)