+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should we sign someone or should we not

Should we sign someone or should we not

Personally I think this is a tricky call. If we do not sign anyone and results turn downwards then there will be accusations that we did not provide the backing that might have been needed. However, if we do sign someone then that might upset the balance of the dressing room (IMO similar to the Joe Hart signing - clearly something has gone on as their has been a group meeting) and results may also be downward.

What do others think??

Leave well alone unless we can get a cracking central midfielder, which looks very unlikely!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Leave well alone unless we can get a cracking central midfielder, which looks very unlikely!
    I Think, we should be improving our squad, whether it be January or Summer,..We Are Still paying the price, for the Last few windows.
    Given a few awful results in the next few games,..We will be back to square one,...Just Wishing, as ever.

Money in the bank is no use to us, it won't score any goals, make any tackles, get crosses in. The squad can be improved, get some money spent and improve it. No brainer.

The togetherness seems to have returned - and that is priceless.

Like BT, I would be looking for a strong ball winner in midfield, but I have no suggestions as to who.

I think in the Summer we should be looking to bring in some young talent - our squad is ageing and we need to refresh. But I wouldn't make any major changes at this time with us three points clear of relegation with 15 games to go.

However, who knows? We may be looking at a talented players who has flown under the radar, it has happened before.

SD still has my full trust.

You are all deluded.. There's more chance of Hobby horse Schite that Garlic signing anybody.. You know I'm talking sense for once..lol

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Personally I think this is a tricky call. If we do not sign anyone and results turn downwards then there will be accusations that we did not provide the backing that might have been needed. However, if we do sign someone then that might upset the balance of the dressing room (IMO similar to the Joe Hart signing - clearly something has gone on as their has been a group meeting) and results may also be downward.

What do others think??
    I think as I've said before Lancaster they should all get there **** together stop moaning and do the job they are very handsomely paid to do ( even at little old Burnley).
    We either take the bull by the horns and have a proper go at this ( within reason ) or we wither away to the championship at best.
    Really winds me up when players are upset about a higher wage or someone's playing that they don't think should be.
    In the real world and a real job youd be told once shut up and stop it or you out £350 a week not 25k a week. ( it's a different world )

Alf, I have a big pile of rocking horse sh1te if you need any?

It is good for feeding my magic money trees.

I also have a good stock of hens teeth which my unicorns love

we've been Lucky of recent - imo....played lower end teams, much as us - and those of greater quality have uncannily had serious off days - allowing us plenty of the ball to slow play into a debilitating game - suits Burnley fine.....but can't rely on that taking us safely to the season end - SIGN !

It's always hard to integrate any new player into a team and hope for instant results. If I was Rigg I would be looking for a 25 year Joey Barton type player, but so is everyone else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)