+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: There's a surprise

There's a surprise

Winkler had a 'buy-out' clause in his contract!!

He was out of work for 3 months before joining us and had probably never done such a job outside of his homeland!!

For christs sake are we really always this desperate to land players and even management? Do we have no sense of value as to what WE offer them?

This goes back to an old/recent post I made, if they want such clauses in contracts do not appoint/sign them - it is a clear signal of intent that they are likely to have no loyalty

It really does seem at times on the contracts front like the club rolls over and has its balls tickled - yet we as fans are supposed to sit back , say nowt and still shell out for a season ticket and show loyalty when its own employees cant even do the same!

I really do despair!!!

It's the way of the world nar Rennz. I'm guessing nearly all, if not all, the first team squad plus the senior people at the club, including Goat himself, evva release clause (fee or compensation).
    Only the fans are loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's the way of the world nar Rennz. I'm guessing nearly all, if not all, the first team squad plus the senior people at the club, including Goat himself, evva release clause (fee or compensation).
    Only the fans are loyal.
    Loyal but not idiots either SB , only so much folk can take .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Loyal but not idiots either SB , only so much folk can take .
    Too right!

It seems we're slowly but surely becoming a self made feeder club with little ambition or statement of intent being shown in the transfer market

Same old Reds just different name above the door-everything seems to be done on the cheap.

If I remember right animal you commented on how much John Dennis did for the club on a fraction of these resources.

Agree Renno. We could be the next Crewe Alexandra at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Too right!

It seems we're slowly but surely becoming a self made feeder club with little ambition or statement of intent being shown in the transfer market

Same old Reds just different name above the door-everything seems to be done on the cheap.

If I remember right animal you commented on how much John Dennis did for the club on a fraction of these resources.
    Ended under a bit of a cloud admittedly but none the less his achievements dwarf anything before or since at the top table on Grove Street .

Hardly gets a mention on forums like these or even the club themselves .

Barnsley fan first and foremost , I'll leave it at that and decline making comparisons .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Ended under a bit of a cloud admittedly but none the less his achievements dwarf anything before or since at the top table on Grove Street .

Hardly gets a mention on forums like these or even the club themselves .

Barnsley fan first and foremost , I'll leave it at that and decline making comparisons .
    Agree. He made some daft decisions but he was a fan. Everything he did was in the best interests of Barnsley F.C.