+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did the sit in happen?

Did the sit in happen?

As above? Did it?

No just listened to a pod and they reckoned on aboot a hundred.

The result, no doubt, had an impact but it was never going to work on a cold January Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    The result, no doubt, had an impact but it was never going to work on a cold January Tuesday night.
    True Stan and to be fair,I think it was a daft idea anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    As above? Did it?
    BBC mentioned it but said it was about 10 blokes.

They made plenty of noise though

I think there was a few hundred for maybe 10 minutes or slightly more

then a few hard core - at the back of the gallowgate. = quite a few more than 10 jammy

I stood and watched for a while - but i wasn't going back up all them stairs lol

not sure how much longer they satyed than me... steward asked if i was stopping or going - he said all the gates were locked except 1 - and which one it was - i left lol, not sure if they locked that one as well - the stewards basically surrounded/ b locked the way down of the protestors? unless they were just telling them what they told me.

it was a poor show, but i think that was , as already said - partly the result, but mostly cos people have to get home and catch last buses etc

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post

then a few hard core - at the back of the gallowgate. = quite a few more than 10 jammy
    Don't doubt it, just saying what BBC said.

They made plenty of noise though

I think there was a few hundred for maybe 10 minutes or slightly more

I stood and watched for a while - but i wasn't going back up all them stairs lol

not sure how much longer they satyed than me... steward asked if i was stopping or going - he said all the gates were locked except 1 - and which one it was - i left lol, not sure if they locked that one as well - the stewards basically surrounded/ b locked the way down of the protestors? unless they were just telling them what they told me.

it was a poor show, but i think that was , as already said - partly the result, but mostly cos people have to get home and catch last buses etc
    Them stewards wan't to be careful,cos when it turns toxic they will definitely be out of their depth.

Locking gates at a football stadium..mmm!

That could be standard practice ? everyone else was out ? i don't know

That could be standard practice ? everyone else was out ? i don't know
    Well in these day's of health and safety (police chiefs being prosecuted decades later) etc I think they are on thin ice...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)