+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winkler goes......

This window we've sold 2 players one whos broke the Preston record transfer and another who couldn't get in our first team.All the other news is purely rumours.We've signed a winger to replace Potts so far.It's hardly a stampede of players leaving is it .Lets wait until next Thursday then we all get a better picture.

I don't expect the owners to give us thread and needle explanations for all that they do and their future intentions. But... their silence and continued withholding of transfer fees etc is the catalyst for the growing mistrust and disillusionment within the supporters. They will end up with fans walking away and not going back. In fact some already have.
    Instead of steadily growing the football team and recouping their money in large lumps from transfer dealings why don't they grow the team and then steadily recoup their money. After all we are currently on the cusp of a promotion that could be worth more than 6 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I don't expect the owners to give us thread and needle explanations for all that they do and their future intentions. But... their silence and continued withholding of transfer fees etc is the catalyst for the growing mistrust and disillusionment within the supporters. They will end up with fans walking away and not going back. In fact some already have.
    Instead of steadily growing the football team and recouping their money in large lumps from transfer dealings why don't they grow the team and then steadily recoup their money. After all we are currently on the cusp of a promotion that could be worth more than 6 mil.

Whilst I don't disagree with your sentiments EthelRed this undisclosed & withholding info on transfer fees is not new as it was common practice under our previous owner
    We really don't know how much has been received or spent on transfers & the annual accounts I fear will not, as in the past, enlighten us on the matter When you say "recouping their money" how much would that be especially if it was a leveraged buy out [with interest charges to pay]
    We will not know when the magic number is achieved
    'Twas ever thus I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    These geezers are funny. Check them out on Spotify, some cracking adaptations... my favourite, Darn tarn

All I'd like is a few quotes like the ones below from Luton, Charlton & Brentford.
    Reassure us that we're not selling anyone else, or that we're bringing someone in.
    Get on with it, win promotion then all our player's values go through the roof.
    Sell anymore and the ones left behind will want to leave as well.
    Some of these lads have played Championship football last season and will be better equipped 2nd time around.

20:41
    HARFORD: WE WANT TO STRENGTHEN
    Luton Town interim manager Mick Harford says he is looking to add to his squad this month.

"As you can imagine, the phone never stops ringing," he said today. "About players coming in, going out, so we are busy like every other club will be.
    "We are looking to strengthen, 100 per cent, for the run-in at the end of the season, we don't want to leave ourselves short in terms of players.

22:22
    BOWYER: I HOPE GRANT STAYS
    Charlton boss Lee Bowyer hopes to keep striker Karlan Grant at the club but admits he may be sold before the transfer window closes.
    The 21-year-old has scored 14 goals for the Addicks this season and has been linked with a move away.
    "It’s a possibility," said Bowyer today. "I’m a realist and I have to be honest. Of course there is a possibility, he’s a good player. He’s a young player scoring goals.
    “Like I said last week, he’s brought attention to himself and rightly so. He’s improved a lot in a short space of time, so of course there is going to be clubs looking at him.
    “I hope he doesn’t go, I’ve said that to him on more than one occasion, so we’ll see what happens. Hopefully he is still here on February 1.”

17:28
    NO MORE BRENTFORD EXITS
    Having sold Chris Mepham to Bournemouth, Brentford boss Thomas Frank says there won't be any other departures this month...

Exile I realise that this was modus operandi for the previous regime I feel the fans have had a gut full of it. These owners don’t have to follow suit they could start communicating do that we have an insight into the clubs and it’s owners ambitions.

These new owners bought the club because in their words they were impressed as to how Cryne ran the club & I think the way the accounts were presented will in my view carry on along the same lines
    I do hope there will be a change towards more transparency but I'm not holding my breath
    We shall soon see

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    These new owners bought the club because in their words they were impressed as to how Cryne ran the club & I think the way the accounts were presented will in my view carry on along the same lines
    I do hope there will be a change towards more transparency but I'm not holding my breath
    We shall soon see
    They were impressed because the owner at the time was able to pocket £12m out of the club and the fans celebrated by having a flag made in his honour .

Just imagine if these new owners pocket triple that , the feckin new flag will cover the entire east stand going on some of the logic on here .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 25-01-2019 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    This window we've sold 2 players one whos broke the Preston record transfer and another who couldn't get in our first team.All the other news is purely rumours.We've signed a winger to replace Potts so far.It's hardly a stampede of players leaving is it .Lets wait until next Thursday then we all get a better picture.
    Nothing like a bit of denial mi owd .

Waits till next Thursday for a clearer picture and ignores the last two years .

Hello , they don't give a feck abart thi .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast