+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winkler goes......

Winkler goes......

And that’s Another half a million towards SB’s £6m target that is secured..... ( obviously Compensation will be “ Undisclosed” ).
    No one can stop Andreas going, it’s going to benefit his family, and that’s why we all work...... I’d wish him good luck too, as the enjoyment him and DS have given us this season has been a lot more than the previous two.
    But I just can’t...... because of where he is going.......

What’s really Pi$$ing me off more, is that whatever Mr Hoyle at Huddersfield does, it generally turns to Gold, and I’ve a feeling that we are losing a ***** piece in OUR plan, that will benefit them immensely.

Why can’t we have a Chairman/owner like that?
    Our owners need to take a good look at the Huddersfield model, and learn. Fan involvement, Fan engagement, open and honest dialogue, rewarding Loyalty (£99 season tickets) all brought success....... and I have to say the fella didn’t spend a fortune either on players. He hired a good manager, backed him with a philosophy, engaged the fans, got the ground full, and despite my enjoyment at their downfall this season, I admire him for sticking by Wagner and allowing him time (8 or 9 defeats was it?). I actually believe that he wouldn’t have sacked him EVEN when they were relegated.

We have a relatively successful partnership here in Winkler and Stendel. One which has the potential to deliver success. If we don’t go up this season, then I guess that 99% of fans would stick around, and be optimistic for a successful campaign next time..... a bit of patience for the Management team would be most certainly granted by the fans, as this season has been far more gratifying amd entertaining than last.
    Our CEO, is also admired, (by a lot) and possibly coveted by bigger clubs.... (not just the French lot).
    Our fans are respected for their attendance at away games, their knowledge, and their passion.
    Our development of players is fantastic. We are trusted to develop youth.

So what are we to be so glum about?

We have an owner who’s intentions are unknown, apart from buy cheap amd sell high. Regardless of the cost to the club.
    We have owners who don’t Engage and Communicate. (We enjoy Great videos from the club, great PR and social media .... just nothing from the owners .....until it’s time to say “we value you ...(please send £650!!!)”.
    We sell cheap, ......At a profit, yet cheap. ( Just how much did Brentford get for a player who had played two or three games for wales.. 12 million???? !!!!

I’d like to see our owners stand up and say “That's it. This is our team till May, NO more sales, no disruptions, believe in us, believe in our team, because this is a good team, and that we will reward them well when they deliver promotion with quality contracts and quality signings. . They will be here for three years, and we are going to back them”

Yet they say nothing
    We are doing well, but as we all expected we would. I’m sure we all expected to be in the top 2 by Christmas.
    We WILL lose players, and sometimes staff. We can all get our heads round that, we’ve most of us been around too long to know that can’t be changed..... but I’d be nice if occasionally, the club owners voiced publicly that they are actually here as part of OUR team.

Yet they say nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    And that’s Another half a million towards SB’s £6m target that is secured..... ( obviously Compensation will be “ Undisclosed” ).
    No one can stop Andreas going, it’s going to benefit his family, and that’s why we all work...... I’d wish him good luck too, as the enjoyment him and DS have given us this season has been a lot more than the previous two.
    But I just can’t...... because of where he is going.......

What’s really Pi$$ing me off more, is that whatever Mr Hoyle at Huddersfield does, it generally turns to Gold, and I’ve a feeling that we are losing a ***** piece in OUR plan, that will benefit them immensely.

Why can’t we have a Chairman/owner like that?
    Our owners need to take a good look at the Huddersfield model, and learn. Fan involvement, Fan engagement, open and honest dialogue, rewarding Loyalty (£99 season tickets) all brought success....... and I have to say the fella didn’t spend a fortune either on players. He hired a good manager, backed him with a philosophy, engaged the fans, got the ground full, and despite my enjoyment at their downfall this season, I admire him for sticking by Wagner and allowing him time (8 or 9 defeats was it?). I actually believe that he wouldn’t have sacked him EVEN when they were relegated.

We have a relatively successful partnership here in Winkler and Stendel. One which has the potential to deliver success. If we don’t go up this season, then I guess that 99% of fans would stick around, and be optimistic for a successful campaign next time..... a bit of patience for the Management team would be most certainly granted by the fans, as this season has been far more gratifying amd entertaining than last.
    Our CEO, is also admired, (by a lot) and possibly coveted by bigger clubs.... (not just the French lot).
    Our fans are respected for their attendance at away games, their knowledge, and their passion.
    Our development of players is fantastic. We are trusted to develop youth.

So what are we to be so glum about?

We have an owner who’s intentions are unknown, apart from buy cheap amd sell high. Regardless of the cost to the club.
    We have owners who don’t Engage and Communicate. (We enjoy Great videos from the club, great PR and social media .... just nothing from the owners .....until it’s time to say “we value you ...(please send £650!!!)”.
    We sell cheap, ......At a profit, yet cheap. ( Just how much did Brentford get for a player who had played two or three games for wales.. 12 million???? !!!!

I’d like to see our owners stand up and say “That's it. This is our team till May, NO more sales, no disruptions, believe in us, believe in our team, because this is a good team, and that we will reward them well when they deliver promotion with quality contracts and quality signings. . They will be here for three years, and we are going to back them”

Yet they say nothing
    We are doing well, but as we all expected we would. I’m sure we all expected to be in the top 2 by Christmas.
    We WILL lose players, and sometimes staff. We can all get our heads round that, we’ve most of us been around too long to know that can’t be changed..... but I’d be nice if occasionally, the club owners voiced publicly that they are actually here as part of OUR team.

Yet they say nothing

The reason they don't engage with us is because they pay people to do that for them .

This is purely business Jules , nothing more and nothing less .

They don't engage with us because they aren't sufficiently interested in the fans to do so , we aren't their priority by a long way .

The only thing that counts is the return on investment , they aren't here for the glory on the field .

They have no connection to the club other than making money on it , Wallmart , BFC or Amazon it's just the same to them .

These people are above any opposition , it doesn't affect them personally at the levels they operate at in the corporate world , the people they pay take that shyte .

What to do ?

To tell the truth I don't know Jules .

Starting an Independent fans group would divide the support because unfortunately just as many people will back the club come what may , we'd be in the National League North and still the penny wouldn't have dropped .

" you don't speak for me , I remember 1965 when Rimmo had to paint the match ball white with a tin of gloss we were so skint "

" at least we have a club to watch "

" fuq off to a club with real issues like Chesterfield "

If it gets to you so much then don't go anymore , I take the point that they've driven you away but in my opinion in reality that's all you can do .

If you knock half off the support then Oakwell looks a different place , rows and rows of empty seats .

Turnover reduced and a declining culture , no buzz around the place no nothing .

Reduce the income and the ownership are more likely to sell up and move on .

Money is the only thing they know so in my opinion that's the way to go if you feel as though we need to rid the club of them .

A bit off that yet , that said we fail this season because of these numb nut owners it could be in play by the end of may .

Evil prospers when good men do nothing .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 24-01-2019 at 01:05 AM.

Doesn't the first line from club statement tell us all we need to know?

"Barnsley Football Club can confirm that Andreas Winkler has left his role to join Huddersfield Town AFC, after substantial compensation was received from the Terriers."

They actually seem proud

If he's under contract they have to buy his contract out.nothing new there.

"Substantial" my arse. Aar much duz tha get forra Third Division Assistant manager ? Ziles iz reyt though--it seems Goat thinks that if we receive "substantial compensation" or "make a profit and retain an interest" then fans should be happy with that azza proper justification fo sumdi gooin.

I likes Winkler, a sound and intelligent person. He will do well. What worries me now is that he will do what every other manager to leave in recent times have done, come back for our players.

Im almost done with all this , another mass sell off and rebuild will be it for me because it will never ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gduk View Post
    I likes Winkler, a sound and intelligent person. He will do well. What worries me now is that he will do what every other manager to leave in recent times have done, come back for our players.

Im almost done with all this , another mass sell off and rebuild will be it for me because it will never ever change.
    I couldn't agree more .

Stendel will be next

Quote Originally Posted by b1gduk View Post

I can’t say I won’t renew, but it’s looking likely We won’t
    Ad hoc for me

Let me just throw summat in pot here, the owners have said they're here long term to build slowly. What's to say that they won't when player sales have recouped their initial investment? To me it might be a fast track way (in their eyes) to recoup the 20m they paid for the club. I know it's not the point but just an idea that struck me. I cant think of owt else credible why we're seeing all these exits considering our current league position . Maybe they look at Watford or Brentford or Southampton and think player sales profit or turnover of managers won't effect the league position. If you ask me it's a very unrealistic and naive policy to operate because long term the standing of the club will suffer. Whatever happens in the future I think the disillusionment among us fans will continue for the foreseeable

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast