+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We’re in trouble if we don’t start picking points up

We’re in trouble if we don’t start picking points up

Reading will imo stay up with the players they have just signed so who’s going to take their place?

It’s not looking good for us , when are we going to start playing to win and prove we are good enough for this league?
    Say what you want but I believe we have the players, well get over the injuries we do.
    Some keep shouting out for a striker but would he get in the team, play as a striker or play as a winger?

Which leaves it down to management to use their footballing brain and start winning games.

Start this Saturday Warney

We need Vassell back in team

………..and still no signings,either loan or permanent.We are down to the bone !!!

Fair play to you millertop,the title of your thread are prophetic words indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Reading will imo stay up with the players they have just signed so who’s going to take their place?

It’s not looking good for us , when are we going to start playing to win and prove we are good enough for this league?
    Say what you want but I believe we have the players, well get over the injuries we do.
    Some keep shouting out for a striker but would he get in the team, play as a striker or play as a winger?

Which leaves it down to management to use their footballing brain and start winning games.

Start this Saturday Warney
    The answer to your question is "use their footballing brain" and im afraid we don't have enough brains in our camp to blow Warnies woolie hat off.8000 Fans each home game can see the issues but they continue with the same old formula - and we are getting brassed off with it.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    We need Vassell back in team
    It wont help us giving away easy pub goals each game though, I think the Bolton game signalled that we were in trouble

I must confess I am becoming concerned. We don’t seem to have made any progress on the transfer front yet all our rivals are active.

It is clear to me that we will only be able to sign players who have exhausted other options in terms of money.
    Now reading the Towell permanent signing is unlikely, and to add to that we we have a half crocked virus infested squad.

Given the fixtures on the horizon I think we will be fighting it out with Ipswich for bottom place with Bolton being the other due to their off the field issues (although even they are signing players. We still have to go to Millwall who are still within reach but feel they are stronger than us. Losses to Bolton and Ipswich were bad blows.

We have a head of recruitment but we may as well be having a head of departure for all the good it does.

I was hoping this year would be different but the bottom line is we look almost certainly to be in the bottom 3.

I know we are punching above our weight, but as a fan, like most of you I keep refreshing my page for positive news but allI am seeing presently is drop off in standards, illness, injury, lack of activity or worse still, our key players being linked with other teams.

Other than that, things are looking pretty good.

Good news. We are in the Championship, but we don’t want to be going backwards, and yes I know we are in a better place than 2008.
    As a fan it’s no less frustrating though.
    My heart goes out to Tottenham fans wondering where there next goal is coming from, but, relatively, all fans want their team to win. We are no different.
    It would be lovely to have a season of mid table mediocrity but we are three or four players short there, and if we can’t sign them, it will catch up with us.

My take on the situation is this...quite simply we havnt got the players to keep the ball, quality players keep the ball and win games, its possible to win the odd game with say 30% possession but over a full season you will loose far more than win. When you have a mixture of L1 and L2 players in your squad you arnt going to survive in the CHAMPIONSHIP. U.T.F.M.

Too late topsy. Those draws needed to be wins. If 40 points will keep us up then maybe we have a chance.. plus we can't afford anymore high goals against. Goal difference could be the difference

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast