+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lakeland Fells...

I may have seen you Alf!

I was out jogging on the prom early this afternoon.

I'm very impressed with your outing Alf - 20 miles or so?

Morecambe is getting a lot busier since the Bay Gateway opened. If the Eden Project comes to town it will be chocker.

Probably missed you as we were back in Hest bank by 12.30 mate and we didn't see any old men jogging..lol

I was quite impressed with Morecambe 59/60,they have made quite a few changes and smartened it up quite a bit.. We love the Hest Bank area ,there are some fantastic houses alongside the Lancaster Canal with great views over to the lakes..

Loved all the countryside around Burnley when I was a nipper, Mam and Dad used to take me to the Trough of Bowland to a beautiful stream, and all over the moors which I cannot remember the names of, I would not know how to get there now as it seems over a life time ago.

Went to Burnley Camp School Hest Bank near Bolton Le Sands with Barden School for a 2 week break, it was bedlam with all us kids there, remember winning the table tennis competition and getting a Football as a present, loved it there.

There was 2 teachers from Barden who went with us to Hest Bank, the PE teacher named Mr Jones who was a mad bastid taffy who would come in the showers while we was all washing and he'd slap us all with a pump soul and heel as he'd cut the top cloth off, he was a mad phucker who supported Burnley, the other was a Math's teacher called Mr Martin who everyone liked, he supported Rotherham and took me and another lad to Millmoor for a game one Saturday.

If there is one thing I miss about moving down south its the Countryside and not knowing or remembering where everything is

And being too far away from Turf Moor obviously.

I don’t get to the Lake District but love our National Parks. For those who may be interested the National Park Authority are running an online survey re High Tilberthwaite and High Oxenfell at savethelakedistrict.com

Thanks for that outwood - I've signed it.

Evening All.

We have just returned from our latest walk. Today we parked on the Wrynose Pass and climbed Cold Pike (very apt!) and then went on to tackle Crinkle Crags.

Crinkle Crags is a terrific walk and it consists of a ridge with five distinct peaks, or "Crinkles".

We entered the snow zone at around 2300 feet (Crinkle Crags is 2816 feet) and we were without crampons. Then the wind blew up, it started snowing and visibility disappeared. We continued up to the first crinkle and ascended about half way before we decided it was too dangerous to continue - a steep rocky slope covered in hard packed snow. We could have made it up to the top but, without crampons, the descent would have been very dodgy. We had a very pleasant dinner stop of chicken sarnies, Chorley cakes, choccy biscuits and coffee.
    it was a pity - the views up there are magnificent but today visibility was down to around 30 yards.

So we made our way back down and headed to the Golden Rule in Ambleside - just about our favorite watering hole. I sampled the Bridge House bitter and a brilliant pork pie with English mustard.

A superb day - we will return on a better day.

Well Done 59, you both put me to shame fella

Give over Alto!

Are you still out on your bike? It's just good to keep active in any way you can enjoy.

You are far better at climbing than politics 59/60.. Perhaps You could try the Golan Heights next.

Bloody hell Alf, the Golan Heights are just in the news with Mr Trump shoving his oar in.

Perhaps you are right, I can combine my political and climbing skills together and make people see sense

https://thearabweekly.com/trump-puts-golan-heights-play

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)