+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Killie Roll call,, match thread and sh1t

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I agree with you and Don Corleone. We really should just stop this whole approach of playing players where it doesn’t suit them and simply improve our forward play by using 2 proper wingers (preferably McGinn and McLennan) and 2 strikers up front. It’s when McInnes mucks about with this simple approach that we lose ground.
    Yes, agreed. 2 forwards, 2 wingers. Simple.

Forwards - Cosgrove has been scoring a lot, so I think he has to be one of the two strikers. The dilemma is who to play with him - he's done well alongside May, but May offers very little goal threat. Stewart's best (and only) position is just off a front man and he provides goal threat and an additional element of creativity. Wilson for me is the best striker at the club, his control and pace is better than most strikers in the league and he does score. It's a tough call, but just play 2 forwards, whoever they are!

Wingers - McLennan has to be the first pick as he's been the one who's made the biggest impact in the games he's had this season. McGinn is still high up in the assists / chances created table, so I'd play him too. GMS is a good option too, so that gives us 3, with Scott Wright a decent backup. You've got to play them as wingers though and feed them the ball in decent positions.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdon View Post
    Aye, other than a couple of wee flicks, GMS looked miles off the pace today. Same as Wednesday night really.

To be fair to him though, the Kili full backs are very decent by Scottish Prem standards. Although you would still expect him to get the better of at least one of them a couple of times.
    I just thought we looked unbalanced today. GMS was out wide, but nobody was really out wide on the other side, so it was a bit predictable that the play was either long balls through the middle or down the channel. You need to get the ball to your wingers in the opposition half when they're one on one with their full back so that they can get a run at them. I don't recall us having many situations like that today - that's probably more down to the way we were set up and playing as a team, than down to GMS himself. Coming deep or infield to get involved is fine, but he's never going to do his best work picking the ball up in our own half, or in the centre of the pitch where we've already got Cosgrove, May, and Stewart wandering around along with a load of Killie players - all too congested. His strength is getting one on one, beating his man, driving to the byeline or into the box. Same with McGinn. Same with McLennan. That's what wingers do - but you've got to get them the ball in the right positions to allow them to do it.

Clarke's got them well organised, they played for a draw and got it.

It didn't help that Ferguson and GMS both had quieter games today, we just didn't have enough guile to break them down.

It looked like McGinn was pulled back in the box from where I was.

Hopefully McKenna's injury isn't too serious as Devlin won't be ready for another couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Apparently was touch and go after injury. Hopefully makes it for Tuesday as badly need creativity. Almost difficult to believe how poor GMS has been in last two home games
    I would imagine that it will take a few games for GMS to get back to his best,he is similar to Hayes as they both have to play regularly to be at their best.

With Forrester & Tansey off the wage bill, can we have a creative midfielder in this window please.
    We’re desperately needing one.
    Long punts to Cosgrove is eye bleedingly bad to watch.
    That said, Killie are even worse.
    NO attempts on goal in 95 minutes, for a so called “top” team is very embarrassing.
    They’re awful.

McKenna done his hammy?
    Great.
    No Devlin or McKenna for next few games.

Inclusive of sevco in a week and a half

And potentially the most prolific striker in Scotland to play

Great news just as well we have Hoban and Reynolds back … for a few games at most before Devlin comes back for his few before getting injured again. Top of the sick pay league surely.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Great news just as well we have Hoban and Reynolds back … for a few games at most before Devlin comes back for his few before getting injured again. Top of the sick pay league surely.
    You’re assuming Hoblin (do you see what I did there?) stays fit.
    His career history would suggest not.
    We must have the most injury prone central defenders in the league... apart from Considine (rolls eyes emoji).

Not sure why Killie get so many laudits as they are simply a dreadful "footballing" team. They just spoil the game.

Don't think I've ever witnessed an opposition side not having a shot on goal previously.

Granted we failed to break down a well disciplined side that works and closes down play quickly but that was sore on the eyes.

I actually think we lack genuine pace in the team.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast