+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Killie Roll call,, match thread and sh1t

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Aye, I'm sure Killlie fans are fu ck ing raging the way their season's going.
    I am sure they will be happy with how their season is going but surely they won’t be happy they never had a shot at goal today though. Stenhousemuir only needed 1 to score and they are hardly a form team.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Good point Rico. Pep it is then....has he long to go with his current contract?
    If I was a Kilmarnock fan I would be raging that there was absolutely no efforts at the Aberdeen goal today. They still came away with a point though so that doesn’t say much about us.
    What a dreadful match. Give me a manager who likes attacking teams over a 4-2-3-1 gimp any day.
    Maybe there is a red John equivalent on a Kilmarnock forum moaning about Steve Clarke and his negative tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    That's true however we also need defenders who could actually pass the ball. They always look for the safe option which is usually a 5 yard side pass. May made several good runs into good positions and rather than pick the head up and make a relatively simple pass to may's feet it's the same old slow shyte which allows teams to organise themselves.
    I think this is a good point. It's not that we don't have creative players in the team - McGinn, Stewart and GMS are three of the best attacking players in the league, Cosgrove has been putting the ball in the net, and whatever folk think of him, Wilson is a talented player who's scored a few in the limited game time he's had.

The problem is the supply going up to these players - it's poor. Sometimes very poor. The problem is therefore further back (or possibly to do with the shape of the team). Logan is forever playing chipped balls down the line into empty space, which often go off the pitch or straight through to the keeper. Considine and McKenna either knock it back n forth to each other, or launch a big diagonal forward. Shinnie plays square, or drives forward himself rather than playing it forward. Ferguson has a bit more variety to his play, but sometimes seems to get sucked back into a deep role where he's playing square balls or long diagonals.

When teams come to sit in and set up defensively, you've got to be able to pass your way through them - accurate passes out of defence, through the midfield to your no10 (Stewart) in the final third (not in his own half) who can then do something with it, or out wide to your wingers (McGinn, GMS, McLennan) who are one on one with the full back in the opposition half (not deep in their own half or picking it up in the centre of the pitch where it's congested).

In other words, we miss Kenny McLean, who could pick the ball up off the back 4 and either glide past an opponent and open the game up, play a nice through ball breaking the opposition's midfield line, ping an accurate long diagonal to a wide man in space, or play sideways to keep possession if nothing was on.

Having said all that, we're still doing okay and are up challenging at the right end of the table - it's just a bit frustrating because it feels to me that there's so much more to come from this team, but something is missing that will flick the switch to make it happen.

How does this roaster get a platform in national media? There's clearly something between him and Shinnie, yet he's allowed to come out in the national press commenting on how another professional playing in the same league should never be getting into the national squad....

Name:  Boyd.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  92.8 KB

Wtf is that on Dough-boyd's finger? ... a dressing? ... if that's a ring, he should hae been sent off as soon as he walked on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Give me a manager who likes attacking teams over a 4-2-3-1 gimp any day.
    What do you think of the formation in the second half?

A neutral watching that game would have been hard pushed to believe that was 2nd against 3rd with 2nd spot being the prize for the winners.
    Aberdeen as the home team were pitiful and showed pretty much zero appetite with even less creativity.
    Killie came for the draw (job done)
    I have no idea what DM set the team out to do but whatever it was it failed fkn miserably.
    We need to show more desire in all games and especially a game of that stature where a win puts us up into second place, we never looked like winning that game at all.
    May comes in for a lot of criticism from certain posters on here, I'm not really sure why as he was one of very few who got pass marks again yesterday.
    I give credit when and where credit is due to Cosgrove but just for the record he will never be a footballer, never in a million years.

But DM should be shouldering ALL the blame for that yesterday he set his team out all wrong from the word go and he did not have them believing in themselves that if they just have a fkn go they can beat anyone in the league.
    There was no belief, no desire and no creativity yesterday

Very VERY poor.

On that showing then Stenny will be an interesting potential banana skin evening

SF
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 27-01-2019 at 02:59 AM.

It was a tough watch thats for sure.
    Killie got what they came for. Nothing more nothing less. Only bright point was seeing that fat mess Boyd sent off after just coming on.
    We looked totally clueless of how to break Killie down and GMS was yet again shocking, although he always had two players as a minimum on him as soon as he got the ball.

Still not overly concerned about the replay, but screaming out for a creative midfielder.
    Window is still open isnt it????

I quite enjoyed the first half, I thought Stewart played very well indeed.

The longer the second half went on the less likely we looked to score though.

GMS was f'uckin honkin, hopefully just a typical winger, either s'hit or brilliance.

That's up to the manager to take him off early when it's s'hit though.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Wtf is that on Dough-boyd's finger? ... a dressing? ... if that's a ring, he should hae been sent off as soon as he walked on the park.
    Tape over a ring, at another game and did not see the tackle, was it a shocker?

SF

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast