+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Retirement

Retirement

What age have you lads retired at .

And what's it like for you.

I'm still Gas Safe reg do the occasional charity job .

Changed my daughter's boiler last week as it just. Never been away from Cheryl's house doing loads of plumbing work for her saved her a small fortune .

But I enjoy helping her out .
    Other than that coffee shops around 3_4 times a week running most mornings and watching films but not Jeremy Kyle cringe worthy stuff that.
    I know Kel works very hard and Chalky who hasn't too long to go for retirement..

For me life's too short to retire at 67-68 work till you drop nowadays.

53. Brilliant.

55 for me. Retirement is wonderful, work will do you in. Im rolling in money, i dont know what to do with it. So your gas safe then Buc, does that mean that if i stood beside you i wouldnt get a whiff? Ive got 12 grand in my current account, spending it is pointless because there is nothing to buy but nonsense, i have everything.

Gambling three quid a day on poker wont reduce it. I have rental income coming in, and a small mortgage of 8 grand to borrow on if i want. The obvious solution is a bigger house, but we are happy here. Holidays scratch the surface. Having too much money is a problem.

Maybe i should fund the homeless, just thinking about that leaves me in stitches. Or give some to the church, thats even funnier. I would give it to animal charities, but 80% goes on admin etc.
    I am open to persons applying for free money. You must make a case for it. Whatever you write must be convincing. Saying you need 10 grand for your aunts operation will be a good start. Or that your daughter needs singing lessons. Chalky could apply for a parrott bath, or a beak sharpener. Griff could apply for the entire works of Karl Marx so he could light a bonfire with it.

Flopsy could apply for the Compendium of brilliant wind ups, written by me. Buc could apply for the job of God, i would fund that. Buying something for myself, now thats a good question,....errrr.......ummmm.....

I've got to wait another three years before I can afford to retire but I'm definitely going for it when the time comes,a decent lump sum,money every week plus what I've got in the bank will do me nicely,I thought that I would have to trudge on until I was 65 until a couple of weeks ago so I'm not complaining,I envy you lads that took early retirement,it must be a great feeling,I've done 40 years of employment this year and it's more than enough in my eyes,pushing beds on runners up to theatres is a young man's job,I'm starting to feel my body aching some days

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

Maybe i should fund the homeless, just thinking about that leaves me in stitches. Or give some to the church, thats even funnier. I would give it to animal charities, but 80% goes on admin etc.
    I think that I've mentioned before how me and my mate had to.pick somebody up when we was going to an away game once and he had a lovely house and a very nice car parked outside and when the topic of jobs came up he replied that he was "Very good at raising money for charity" I instantly wondered how much of my money that I gave to charity went to him,he was more of a business man than a charity worker,keep your money in your wallet Frank,I give to my church whenever I visit but if you are a non believer then you won't do that I suppose

51.. Amazing ..

It looks like I'm lagging behind in the retirement race

I am catholic and do go to church and pay for candles. This does not mean i approve of the Catholic faith, which is corrupt, and hides *****s. I go for the atmosphere and the churches beauty. If the catholic faith was catholic, the Vatican wouldnt be there, it would be sold and money given to the starving etc. Then again, knowing catholics, 90 percent would go missing.

All of life is corrupt, more now than ever. Charities are big business.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)