+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mackem Moore?

Mackem Moore?

Sunderland have made a £2million bid for striker Kieffer Moore from* League One rivals Barnsley,*Football Insider*understands.

The north-east club are searching for striking reinforcements with top scorer Josh Maja on the verge of a move to French club Bordeaux and they have identified Moore as one of their top targets.

Moore is regarded as one of the best forwards in the Football League and he impressed Sunderland earlier this season when he scored two goals at the Stadium of Light in November.

The 26-year-old has scored 15 goals in all competitions for Barnsley so far this season and his form has brought him to the attention of a number of clubs higher up the football pyramid.

However, Sunderland are hoping to bring in Moore to spearhead their own promotion bid in the second half of the season as they need someone to replace the goals of Maja at the Stadium of Light and they are ready to use the funds from the sale to Maja to try and lure Moore to Wearside.

It remains to be seen if Barnsley would consider selling Moore to a fellow promotion rival as they are also in the race to try and win promotion from League One this season.

Quote Originally Posted by fantykestic View Post
    Sunderland have made a £2million bid for striker Kieffer Moore from* League One rivals Barnsley,*Football Insider*understands.

The north-east club are searching for striking reinforcements with top scorer Josh Maja on the verge of a move to French club Bordeaux and they have identified Moore as one of their top targets.

Moore is regarded as one of the best forwards in the Football League and he impressed Sunderland earlier this season when he scored two goals at the Stadium of Light in November.

The 26-year-old has scored 15 goals in all competitions for Barnsley so far this season and his form has brought him to the attention of a number of clubs higher up the football pyramid.

However, Sunderland are hoping to bring in Moore to spearhead their own promotion bid in the second half of the season as they need someone to replace the goals of Maja at the Stadium of Light and they are ready to use the funds from the sale to Maja to try and lure Moore to Wearside.

It remains to be seen if Barnsley would consider selling Moore to a fellow promotion rival as they are also in the race to try and win promotion from League One this season.
    No doubt they will have met the minimum fee release clause in his contract or if they don't they soon will! (Allegedly!)

If this and the pinnock one happens we'll be looking for a new head coach!

I wasn't too bothered when Moncur left for a rival promotion team. I never really took to him and although he had talent, I thought he was lazy and went missing when the going got tough and we were fighting to get a draw. Losing Moore to rival promotion team however would be devastating. The man runs his blood to water for the cause and tho I don't think he scores enough from the chances provided, he does score. Another tester for the board, let's see how this one pans out but I'm hoping it comes to nothing.

The only way Moore will go to Sunderland is if he wants away.

I can't wait to see the outcome of this selling to another promotion rival

Just gets worse don’t it...
    If the release Clause triggers, he’s off
    Simple
    Last edited by Jules88; 24-01-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Just gets worse don’t it...
    If the release Clause triggers, he’s off
    Simple
    Sumat tells me Moore isn't going anywhere.

It’s simple for me - keep Kieffer & we go up (with the additional revenue) - sell him & we won’t go up!

I get why players want a clause, and who can blame them. We probably wouldn’t get some players without them
    But
    Can’t the lawyers insist that the clause be inserted that the sale cannot be triggered without the clubs agreement if the team triggering the clause is within the same league?? Or even within the same half of the table?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I get why players want a clause, and who can blame them. We probably wouldn’t get some players without them
    But
    Can’t the lawyers insist that the clause be inserted that the sale cannot be triggered without the clubs agreement if the team triggering the clause is within the same league?? Or even within the same half of the table?
    In fairness though he is knocking on a bit and in the final throes of his career . 26 and at oakwell won't be a good fit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast