+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deed - sports journalist edition

Deed - sports journalist edition

Hugh McIlvanney (84)

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Hugh McIlvanney (84)
    He was on off the ball a few weeks ago. The day I went to Albion Rovers I think

Maybe Mark Hately should go on

There's something amiss with the edit function, I keep deleting my post, anyway..

The Only a Game series written by William but with Hugh as voice over (I think) was brilliant.

However, he courted the big names and the English a little to hard for my liking although there's no doubting the quality of his journalism.

Also, the brilliant 3 part documentary on Stein, Shankley and Busby failed to pursue a story that the documentary uncovered, that Shankley, whilst manager of Carlisle United, was providing the players with amphetamines. I have no idea if this cheating continued throughout his managerial career and Hugh didn't follow it through.

Big shoes for Keith Jackson to fill

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post

The Only a Game series written by William but with Hugh as voice over (I think) was brilliant.
    And from which spawned the once great Only an Excuse series....

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    There's something amiss with the edit function, I keep deleting my post, anyway..

However, he courted the big names and the English a little to hard for my liking although there's no doubting the quality of his journalism.

Also, the brilliant 3 part documentary on Stein, Shankley and Busby failed to pursue a story that the documentary uncovered, that Shankley, whilst manager of Carlisle United, was providing the players with amphetamines. I have no idea if this cheating continued throughout his managerial career and Hugh didn't follow it through.
    It as a brilliant documentary. I doubt he could have covered everything as there's plenty about Stein's methods he could have delved into.

He did do a very good hatchet job on Mcghoo in his interview piece with him post Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    He did do a very good hatchet job on Mcghoo in his interview piece with him post Aberdeen
    Wasn't that Bryan Cooney?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It as a brilliant documentary. I doubt he could have covered everything as there's plenty about Stein's methods he could have delved into.
    Ian Burns . I may have mentioned we lived next door to him when I was a kid.☺
    Told my old boy Stein was a prize c unt. He overheard Stein instructing one of his players to break an opposing players leg in one of the games he was involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Wasn't that Bryan Cooney?
    Correct. basey will be laughing over his lunch over my memory problem s.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast