+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lack of transfer activity

Lack of transfer activity

Is anybody concerned about the current lack of transfer activity at Gresty Road, what an earth are we doing ? We have needed a 2 or 3 players for a while and Artell promised 1 in 2 weeks ago. Surely finances are not that tight that we are looking for players who will pay us ? We have sold a player and relieved his wages from the budget, we have released Raynes (as near as damn it) so his wages are off there must surely be enough money to entice some players to the club, we are going to end up with players nobody wants !! How an earth is that improving the squad as Artell promised. This is pathetic even by our standards.

Don't agree with it either. But we tend to wait till the transfer window closes then move during the loan window which continues for a time after transfers stop. Players who've then maybe wanted to move but didn't get transferred are on the lookout for a loan move and DA will be on the phone.

The emergency loan window was abolished in 2016, so Big Dave has until Thursday to get any business complete. Free agents can still be signed at any time, of course.

I wouldn’t expect any permanent signings anyway, just the usual frantic loans on Wednesday and Thursday across the country!

It is all about money, I am afraid. I have been reliably informed that we were in with a shout for a midfielder from Derby, who has now been signed by Northampton, largely due to the fact that they can afford to make up a larger percentage of his wage.