+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neilson

Obviously he needs to be given much more time but the signs don't look good. Can anyone, honestly,hand on heart, say that Cammy Smith, Nesbitt and Harkes are an upgrade on King, McMullan and Aird?? He still insists on playing 1 up top and leaving our best bet for a goal out the starting line up. This system has been found wanting for 3 seasons now and yet he still persists with it....

We look no less clueless than at any time under Laszlo or McKinnon. Every week teams outwork and outfight us. He has done nothing to improve our shyte defence. For some weird reason there seems to be a love-in for him on here but Callum Booth is utter fcuking shyte. Freddie Frans and Bouhenna look worse every time I see them and the keeper does not command his box worth a fcuk. The young laddie did alright tonight, after a shaky start, so maybe there's a glimmer of hope there. We won't have to endure Murdoch at right-back for the remainder of the season. However, I suspect 4/5 games playing along side those 4 fcuking bombscares may well ruin the laddie.

All in all, I'm feeling rather upbeat. Long way from panicking, though.

Once more for those at the back. I never mentioned Csaba or even hinted towards him.

"Am I right in saying some are starting to lose patience with Robbie?"

Is a pretty straightforward question. I'm interested opinions. As simple as that.

Insidious my arse.

Perfectly legitimate question to start a thread hijacked.

So let's start again.

Am I right in saying some are starting to lose patience with Robbie?

And to add to that question. I've seen some on social media, other forums etc expressing that patience starting to disappear. Hope it's stays as a very small minority.

7/8 players required I reckon and needs a full preseason to build things.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    He still insists on playing 1 up top and leaving our best bet for a goal out the starting line up. This system has been found wanting for 3 seasons now and yet he still persists with it....
    Agree about the system. 4-4-2 I'd like to see. Two strikers as a partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Agree about the system. 4-4-2 I'd like to see. Two strikers as a partnership.
    Infuriatingly, I think Clark and Safranko have the makings of a really decent front 2. I just doubt we'll ever get to see them play together very often.

If managers feel they must have a number 10 and protection for the defence then play a bloody diamond in the midfield. Just get 2 up front!

Settle down, God forbid we still have Csaba, McKinnon, Mixu or Sackie. It will come good. I’m sure Robbie will figure it out once he gets the new squad members. Still in touch with the top three.

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    Settle down, God forbid we still have Csaba, McKinnon, Mixu or Sackie. It will come good. I’m sure Robbie will figure it out once he gets the new squad members. Still in touch with the top three.
    To be honest mate i look back on McNamara's tenure as a golden era when you compare it with the utter shyte football played since he was punted.

When was the last time Dundee United signed a player that really excited the fans mate?,i would guess we could go back as far as the return of Goodie.A bad manager can win this league if he has good players however a good manager will always struggle with a squad full of shyte unfortunately.

Neilson should be getting criticised and quite rightly, since the Ross County away the performances have been woeful, as a side we create nothing, side has no pace no width yet we have more wide players on the books than anyone, he hasn’t sorted out the defence one bit, is that not his job on the training ground to sort that out yet we never have a settled back 4, Steve Clarke at killie did ok with a poor defence he inherited and stop them conceding goals, in midfield the opposition seem to constantly out fight us and the midfield sit so deep they don’t support Safranko. But why does he continue to persist with a formation that the last 4 managers have tried and failed with? Since Neilson came in we have suffered exactly the same dross that we watched under Laszlo and for me I’m struggling to see any light at the end of the tunnel as he ain’t improved anything yet, where since he came in are we any better?

Just read this, the obvious answers is yes.

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38236068

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)