+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 55,000,000 spent

55,000,000 spent

So TS says he has spent £55 Million on RUFC since he took it over!

How much of that money has actually come from TS?

As I understand it, all the land and the stadium are owned by ASD Lighting and we have borrowed large sums of money fron ASD as loans to the club.

In reality we are owned by ASD Lighting with TS as a figure head Chairman.

is RUFC just a subsidiary of ASD?

Seems like an exaggeration TBH.

Like how we're "aiming for the Premier League".

Looking at the listing on Companies House a "debenture" which I believe is a loan is still outstanding to Barclays Bank so maybe until thats paid off they own it technically or rather they would if the payments stopped.
    Last edited by great_fire; 26-01-2019 at 12:47 AM.

How many more of these threads ? there was one up the other week similar to this.

Does it matter just look at where we were and where we are now and for any supporter that can only be an incredible journey surely?

2 Wembley trips having a go against the big boys.
    The run under Evans,Warnock absolutely brilliant times never to be forgotten.

We’re playing Leeds today a massive club it beats playing Bury any day of the week.

The incessant need to question TS is just boring and imo unjustified.

UTM

Well said Pocket but remember you can't educate pork!!!!

Unfortunately you can’t pal.

What's wrong with asking questions

Nothing wrong with asking questions.
    It’s the same ones all the time.
    If we were Mid table nobody would be asking these repetitive questions.

It’s just my opinion but I don’t think a lot will appreciate TS until he no longer owns us any more.
    The guy saved us and that’s enough for me oh and we’ve had a good time under him for the majority I would say too?

UTM

I would say fans are looking at the clubs around us and what they have been up too in the transfer market and then look at what Rotherham been doing. Nearly every transfer window seems to be the same. But I respect your views.

It's a valid question that has been asked a few times but never answered fully.

Who owns RUFC?

How much of the club is actually owned by Rotherham United?
    If TS walks where does that leave us as a club? Will we have to rent the ground?

What a lot of people do not understand is that the club is a TOY for TS. A toy he can get his money back for by putting it on Ebay.

Eggs in one basket scenario is scary if you sit back and think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Well said Pocket but remember you can't educate pork!!!!
    Bit unfair is that. I'm a great Stewart fan, the guy has done well. However it's not blasphemy to occasionally suggest that his current actions seem to fly against what he's claimed to want to achieve.

We must also remember that whilst he is probably the biggest "donor" to the club there are others who have to also be kept happy. They might also be wary of splashing the cash.

It's an interesting position we find ourselves in, more than half a season gone and we still are outside the bottom three. Maybe the "committee" at RUFC are thinking "hey guys we might survive without splashing out" Yes a gamble but entirely feasible that's what we are seeing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast