+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Shrewsbury Town v Wolves Matchday Thred

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Looks like we are going to let this one slip away. Tooki a gamble on team selection and lost it.
    Lucky buggers, but I'll take it. 2-2!!

16:43
    Post update

Shrewsbury 2-1 Wolves

16:51
    Post update

Shrewsbury 2-2 Wolves

Paul Simpson

Former Shrewsbury Town manager on Radio 5 Live

What a fantastic ball in from Traore on the right, he has been a real threat. It is a great delivery and Doherty heads home.

16:53
    Post update

Shrewsbury 2-2 Wolves

Paul Simpson

You have to feel for Shrewsbury but the way Wolves have gone about it, the subs and the positivity from the coaching staff, they deserve it. But you do have to feel for Shrewsbury because they have worked so hard and have been done by some quality.

16:56
    'Wolves deserved the draw'

Shrewsbury 2-2 Wolves

Paul Simpson

Towards the end of the game Wolves put Shrewsbury under incredible pressure. At the start Shrewsbury would have snapped their hands off for a draw, but they would have fancied their chances after going 2-0 up. The quality in forward areas from Wolves changed the game and they deserved to get the draw out of it in the end.

Slightly off topic, but I went to a good cup game at the old Gay Meadow ground in 1968. The Shrews at the time had never lost a home game in the cup and they were playing the mighty Arsenal. A guy at college was a big Shrews fan and had got two tickets. In the end the Shrews tied it 1-1 with the last kick of the game. The fans went berserk. Great atmosphere all through the game though, a bit like today I guess. Drank far too much beer before[and after] the game in a pub called the Crown close to the ground. Proper cup awayday.

Would have liked the win to prevent fixture congestion, but I’ll take the draw after going down 2-0. Assuming the replay will fall somewhere in between the Everton and Newcastle matches, which might work out okay with us as we play Newcastle on a Monday, so a match on a Tuesday or Wednesday before that wouldn’t be the end of the world.

I wouldn't have had any complaints had Wolves been knocked out of the cup today by Shrewsbury. It was another game where we started slowly. Credit to Shrewsbury who i think handled the conditions a lot better than Wolves. Our play was slow, the home side never gave us time to settle on the ball.

The referee dropped a clanger in not awarding Wolves a penalty in the first half for a foul on Costa with the defender no where near winning the ball. A first half where the only real chance of note that was saved by Ruddy right in front of us.

A lesson for Wolves and Nuno regarding his selection and set up. It wasn't happening with Traore starting as the main focal point of the Wolves attack. I also think Wolves struggled with youngster Giles at left full back, but it's all about gaining experience. I've got no complaints regarding the opening Shrewsbury goal, but i can't say i'm that pleased with the static defending for the free header for the second goal.

Nuno could see changes were needed and switching Traore to the right and the introduction of both Jiminez and Cavaleiro helped change the game for us. Wolves at least looked like stringing a few passes together. Once Jiminez had pulled one goal back, i always felt we had the momentum with us. A credit to Traore for the cross that gave Doherty his chance to equalise. I'm just glad we didn't come away with nothing from the game.

The replay won't be easy. A word about fans behaviour inside the stadium, i lost count the number of bottles that were thrown at our fans in the second half, our fans or their fans near the front of both stands didn't make it an easy day for the stewards and Police. Everything nowadays is caught on camera, madness really!

Perhaps I'm being harsh (I've only seen the highlights?? on the BBC), but I would have expected Ruddy to do better (save / tip the ball over) on the 1st goal, given the angle of the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Perhaps I'm being harsh (I've only seen the highlights?? on the BBC), but I would have expected Ruddy to do better (save / tip the ball over) on the 1st goal, given the angle of the shot.
    I don't think you are harsh, but the ball did take a slight deflection off Saiss. Ruddy had a few nervy moments in the game, but we live to fight another day.

The pitch wasn't the greatest either, but it was the same for both sides. Having read a few comments this morning from Sam Ricketts, i find it amusing how he's moaning about added time. There were quite a few times where his side feigned injury and his keeper was taking ages to restart the game. All sides do it though!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)