+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bigger picture

Agreed it will take time for RN to get the squad sorted - I think we all understand this.

However, this in no way can excuse the lame, pathetic display of football against Ayr in either of the 3 games we have played them.

On Friday United failed to string together 3 back to back consecutive passes - surely the basic requirement of any football team at any level ( including school football ).

Yes, RN needs time, but no excuses should be offered up for a United team which could not pass, never mind have a shot at goals.

Yes, Ayr set out their tactics well, but it's the manager's job to combat and outsmart the opposition.

Respecting all replies but if by some miracle we went up with this group of players we would be back down with a record low total. Maybe it's because I'm older and wider and even though it's early doors I am confident based on what has already happened off the pitch that things are on the up. The rebuild has started but it needs patience, the signs are there that the mission is to get up and stay up and then who knows maybe back to something that resembles the team we grew up supporting. Impatience got us into this mess, panic buys and sells got us into this mess. This is not a sticking plaster fix this is a total operation and now we have an owner who seems that he is willing to do it.
    I understand its not easy to accept where we are, we have to draw a line under how we got there and believe this journey will end up with us back consistently in top 6. Some on here want to travel the scenic route in a limo I say get real and accept that there will be bumps in the road. Some on here want to eat a nice cake but can't see that the owner has the recipe but is still sourcing the ingredients, judge it when the cake comes out the oven but jeez give him time to make it and pop it in the oven first.

The majority of fans will accept the occasional defeat if they can see us making positive progress long term plus they can see a team trying its hardest...but again and not for the first time we were totally clueless & SPINELESS with many of our so called experienced players posted missing!

I back RN 100% but he has to take part of the blame for the defeat with regards to the way we were set up, lets see some positivity in our formation from now on.

I am hoping he has a few more pieces to fit this Jigsaw come the end of the month and that these new parts can gel asap, no more square pegs in round holes please!!?

Having said that patience is needed long term I totally agree that every player has to show passion and desire, some of this lot clearly think they are better than they are, Robbie needs a take no shyte style of leader on the park ASAP
    Suggestions welcome

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    Respecting all replies but if by some miracle we went up with this group of players we would be back down with a record low total. Maybe it's because I'm older and wider and even though it's early doors I am confident based on what has already happened off the pitch that things are on the up. The rebuild has started but it needs patience, the signs are there that the mission is to get up and stay up and then who knows maybe back to something that resembles the team we grew up supporting. Impatience got us into this mess, panic buys and sells got us into this mess. This is not a sticking plaster fix this is a total operation and now we have an owner who seems that he is willing to do it.
    I understand its not easy to accept where we are, we have to draw a line under how we got there and believe this journey will end up with us back consistently in top 6. Some on here want to travel the scenic route in a limo I say get real and accept that there will be bumps in the road. Some on here want to eat a nice cake but can't see that the owner has the recipe but is still sourcing the ingredients, judge it when the cake comes out the oven but jeez give him time to make it and pop it in the oven first.
    Hugh McIlvanney RIP.
    Last edited by B4 i go; 27-01-2019 at 04:57 PM.

Good read that.!!👍

agree no messing "leader" type or 2 required asap!

What i would give for Barry Robson type

Great post

Quote Originally Posted by swanny14 View Post
    Is nobody else concerned that every time we get a new manager, he continues to employ the same tippy tappy ****e tactics that we've been using macnamara arrived and destroyed what was left of Houston's brilliant cup winning, European qualifying team? Once Tommy Wright showed everyone else how to play against this idiotic system, the house of cards collapsed. Despite this we have continued to attempt to 'play football the right way', while everyone else has got back to basics and basically played good old fashioned exciting attacking football, generally in a 442 formation which has left us first of all relegated, and now stranded in the championship still pretending we can be the next man city.
    Neilson should be forced to watch videos of the 2010 cup winning team, 2 big no nonsense defenders, 2 attacking fullbacks, a couple of hard, skilful central midfielders, with attacking wide players, and a big man and quick wee guy upfront. Basically the way he had hearts playing when he managed them. As they say, it ain't rocket science. Just attack, entertain us, the long suffering fans, score some ****ing goals and win games with a bit to spare. After all it was that style of football that gave us our second most successful spell ever, and it wasn't too different to the way we played under jim either.
    post of the year

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)