+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigger picture

Bigger picture

A lot of folk moaning at not winning a match away to go jt top of league against a team sitting above us. A scenario a few months ago the same folk would have bit your hand off for. The same folk who would have given anything to believe Shambles and S Thompson would no longer part of Utd.
    Anyone who doesn't have the patience to see that* the club are building to succeed and not just survival is deluded. This however doesn't happen in a few months, previously we were set up to fail and I am delighted to see the new structure in place to try and succeed. Success may come later rather than sooner and Robbie* may or may not be the manager/coach to do it. Having an owner who believes in bringing in accountable people suggests a rebuild is needed and time will be allowed to build. If these people and I include Robbie don't hit set targets then they will be gone but jeez guys at least see the bigger picture and get behind the team.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    A lot of folk moaning at not winning a match away to go jt top of league against a team sitting above us. A scenario a few months ago the same folk would have bit your hand off for. The same folk who would have given anything to believe Shambles and S Thompson would no longer part of Utd.
    Anyone who doesn't have the patience to see that* the club are building to succeed and not just survival is deluded. This however doesn't happen in a few months, previously we were set up to fail and I am delighted to see the new structure in place to try and succeed. Success may come later rather than sooner and Robbie* may or may not be the manager/coach to do it. Having an owner who believes in bringing in accountable people suggests a rebuild is needed and time will be allowed to build. If these people and I include Robbie don't hit set targets then they will be gone but jeez guys at least see the bigger picture and get behind the team.
    This!

We're not going to get anywhere without giving someone time to build a team. Robbie hasn't had anything like that yet, and won't even after the summer transfer window IMO.

Agreed, time is required. A lot of clubs and fans don't see that though. Ogren is providing a set-up for future. But last night was eye bleed material.

Agree.

Bt getting the right formation tactics and putting motivated players on the pitch wld at least give us half a chance.

Folk are allowed to be angry at that showing last night. Totally unacceptable, however Robbie will still get my backing. Nobody I know underestimating the task in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    bigger picture or not its the support thats suffering with this sh1te! watch the numbers drop next season when we dont get promoted, apart from the die hards, who the f ucks gonna spend money watching that pish?

Robbie can't win
    We sign a team full of hammer throwers who can handle gale force winds our fans wouldn't be happy
    Sign a team full of ball players and can't handle a gale force wind we ain't happy

He can actually. If the team wins no one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by terrytheterror View Post
    he can actually. If the team wins no one cares.
    this^^^^^!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)