+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sterry returns

Sterry returns

Welcome Back his mistake against VILE aside I thought he did very good for us first time around.

Could this signing mean that a player's exit is imminent?

Steward said at ground yesterday a defender moving to Villa Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Steward said at ground yesterday a defender moving to Villa Monday.
    I immediately thought of Perry NG when this signing was announced on BBC Radio Stoke at 2.15 PM yesterday. That would be bad news for our attempt to surge up the table. I saw Sterry play for us last year, but cannot bring to mind what he was like. Only played9games for us.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    I immediately thought of Perry NG when this signing was announced on BBC Radio Stoke at 2.15 PM yesterday. That would be bad news for our attempt to surge up the table. I saw Sterry play for us last year, but cannot bring to mind what he was like. Only played9games for us.
    I thought Pez too - if John Terry fancies coaching him in defensive techniques at Championship level it would be a great move for him. Would also explain bringing in a FB who clearly is going to play, just after saying they'd have to compete for a place, as well. If he's not going you'd think Perry would be very unhappy at Sterry's arrival too. The trouble is Perry going would remove cover
    at both FB and CB, and we'd still need a back up FB to cover Sterry. Of course if it was George Ray who was going, it could mean Perry playing CB .....

Roll on Thursday night then. Don't want to lose either player in this window. If it happens in the summer, then fair enough for all parties. We need our men for the climb up the table. Forget play-offs for now. Just keep steadily moving upwards, under the radar.

Except we won’t get any money for Perry in the summer as I believe he’s out of contract. If Villa are interested that should be at least £300k.....

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Except we won’t get any money for Perry in the summer as I believe he’s out of contract. If Villa are interested that should be at least £300k.....
    https://www.crewealex.net/news/2018/...rm-crewe-deal/

Three year contract, as with those other promising youngsters, Jones, Kirk and Ainley. I believe Wintle is also tied up. Credit to Artell for his art of persuasion. Good for the long-term future of the Alex and good for the fans. Nice to see some more positives for a change.

Thanks, thnhouse, I sit corrected - must’ve been while I was on my jollies ��

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast